What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 - result of 3 spoons of banoffee with a coffee n cream in a cafe yesterday. Not sure why I did it. Didnt have dessert even on holiday! Eric n me shared. It was his fault actually Haha. His BP has been amazing on keto. We both just fancied the look of it. Anyway bs went up to 9 and came down quite slowly. Could have been worse (they weren't small spoons!).

Obviously still in my blood today.

Anyway every cloud. I got a facebook message from diabetes UK saying.....drum roll....I'm one of their top fans. I almost spat my tea out laughing!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200228-174258_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200228-174258_LibreLink.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 196
  • Screenshot_20200228-162715_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200228-162715_Facebook.jpg
    509.4 KB · Views: 201

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 - result of 3 spoons of banoffee with a coffee n cream in a cafe yesterday. Not sure why I did it. Didnt have dessert even on holiday! Eric n me shared. It was his fault actually Haha. His BP has been amazing on keto. We both just fancied the look of it. Anyway bs went up to 9 and came down quite slowly. Could have been worse (they weren't small spoons!).

Obviously still in my blood today.

Anyway every cloud. I got a facebook message from diabetes UK saying.....drum roll....I'm one of their top fans. I almost spat my tea out laughing!!!
Never mind Debs we all go off piste but it just illustrates that we can’t get away with it! DUK are jokers aren't they? Suggest keep doing what you do.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
But wasn't the temptation and eating of the fruit the whole purpose of some deities plan for life on earth to test us poor souls, free will and all that? Sounds a little too idyllic for my tastes but then I'm no theologian.

Make good use of your days no matter what it throws at you.

Before I fell asleep after breakfast another thought came to me. It's as if a person saw a half-grown stray puppy galumphing around out in the street, dodging the traffic and knocking over garbage cans to get at the food. And of course the person would take the puppy in, even though they knew he'd shed all over the sofa and chew up their slippers and destroy the objets d'art and nearly knock the kids down licking them and wanting to play. Especially since the person knows he's a puppy they bred so of course they want him back.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Whoops...I have forgotten to post my Fbg...

Fbg 6.9

Painting for today, is me trying yesterday's painting again, to get more control of the paper and the watercolours. And to get it a bit darker (because the St Petersburg watercolour paints are not very intense), I did it in several layers, letting each layer dry before I put the next layer on.This made the colours more intense, but it is time consuming, and I found it annoying to do that.
So, you really would not think I had spent a couple of hours (including waiting for drying time between layers) on this little wee A5 painting....

View attachment 39000

I am going to do some more experiments today with different papers....

Have fun
Take care
Enjoy yourselves

It looks like the periphery of a hurricane, a few hours inland, with the green spring leaves being blown around like autumn leaves.
Thank you for posting it.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would be so happy if I could Saskia. But I would hope that your previous occupant wouldnt leave the water from the sink flowing into the cupboard underneath after ripping out the washing machine connection or leave the inside of the fridge and cupboards so dirty that it would take 4 hours to clean or leave no light bulbs or a load of food wrapping in the garden. I really hope your new apartment is clean and welcoming.

Good grief! :wideyed: What a mess.
t6016.gif
I wish I could have come and helped you.

t6037.gif

Fortunately, senior apartments give tenants motivation for leaving their apartments clean -- a return of their security deposit! $300 is a good incentive. :greedy:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good grief! :wideyed: What a mess.
t6016.gif
I wish I could have come and helped you.

t6037.gif

Fortunately, senior apartments give tenants motivation for leaving their apartments clean -- a return of their security deposit! $300 is a good incentive. :greedy:
Very sensible! Both sets of parents have mucked in today and again tomorrow and because their rented flat is paid for they dont need to move in till next Friday. So all four of us are taking on jobs this weekend to get things more hospitable. Son, GF and her mum have done a sterling job rolling white paint on the walls which has instantly made things more cheerful.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Before I fell asleep after breakfast another thought came to me. It's as if a person saw a half-grown stray puppy galumphing around out in the street, dodging the traffic and knocking over garbage cans to get at the food. And of course the person would take the puppy in, even though they knew he'd shed all over the sofa and chew up their slippers and destroy the objets d'art and nearly knock the kids down licking them and wanting to play. Especially since the person knows he's a puppy they bred so of course they want him back.
I first gave a rating of informative, then changed it to optimistic. On that premise even the most wicked and evil have nothing to fear all will be forgiven no matter how evil they use life on Earth or turn against their deity, we have the gift of free will how we use it will most likely determine our final destination. What do they say, we shouldn't discuss religion or politics :) non of us know for certain what is after this time on earth but it's good that we can all have our own opinions and beliefs all part of life's wonderful mysteries and richness and each of us needs to hold on to our beliefs and act on them be they based on religion or humanity.

End of sermon, sorry, I have always tried to respect each and every ones ideas, way of life and choices, no offence meant or taken.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Grandaughter is in excess talkative mode so Mrs MC is giving my ears a rest by creating stuff. Re clouds, watch this space but in the meantime here is today's effort, A4 proper tubes of watercolour paint 1hour 30 minutes.

View attachment 39007

View attachment 39008
Great picture want to be over a wall looking in. I've tried walking in furrowed fields before! Love your stand of trees going off into the distance, do you paint from real life or your imagination?

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very sensible! Both sets of parents have mucked in today and again tomorrow and because their rented flat is paid for they dont need to move in till next Friday. So all four of us are taking on jobs this weekend to get things more hospitable. Son, GF and her mum have done a sterling job rolling white paint on the walls which has instantly made things more cheerful.

Yay! That will make it a very homey place.
If I could I would send round pizza (cauliflower crust of course) and a case of gin.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Shouldn't but got to ask, why something from the Apocrypha today?

Great picture want to be over a wall looking in. I've tried walking in furrowed fields before! Love your stand of tress going off into the distance, do you paint from real life or your imagination?
I do outdoor sketching for most of my watercolours, then work from sketch book and photographs. The finished painting then gets some artistic license. This is a stand of trees on Wolseley Estate I pass this daily and the sun at this time of year and late evening is always behind it. The fields just been ploughed. So this is real but withmy own twist.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do outdoor sketching for most of my watercolours, then work from sketch book and photographs. The finished painting then gets some artistic license. This is a stand of trees on Wolseley Estate I pass this daily and the sun at this time of year and late evening is always behind it. The fields just been ploughed. So this is real but withmy own twist.
Thank you for the explanation, I might not be able to draw very well but really appreciate those who can. Both you and @gennepher should take a bow for giving the people on this thread so much pleasure.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Popeye has been claiming my arm...
View attachment 39014

Awww .... hello, Popeye! :)

I nearly took a photo of the KittenCat a couple of hours ago. We went back to bed after breakfast and slept for nearly 4 hours !!!??!!! and when I woke up she was all snuggled down between me, the comforter, her fleecy blanket, and my T-shirt. She was so bundled up she reminded me of Popeye.
Unfortunately I knew that if I rolled over and reached for my phone she would probably come out of her cocoon ...

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I am afraid I deleted it as I thought I was being too intrusive, but thank you for posting your link it was very informative. Didn't realise the Church of England included the apocrypha as mainstream. Don't know if it happens in our neck of the woods, I'll have to ask the vicar next time I see him, him and his friend, another vicar, sometimes come to the lunch club we host.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
we have the gift of free will how we use it will most likely determine our final destination.

If someone has the right to insist that you accept their faith as the Truth then you have the right to voice your opinion for or against.

According to the Abrahamic mythology, free will was not a gift, it was stolen and humanity shouldn't have it hence being cast out and cursed.

Your final destination is not determined by your actions according to the creatrix of the Abrahamic Trilogy, but rather, is dependant on solely believing in (and loving) one of its three aspects and warring with everyone else. You can be a saintly person but if you're not on their 'team' it's straight into the fire.

What do they say, we shouldn't discuss religion or politics

However, people decided to bring religion into this thread. Just do what you said and live your life according to your own plan but never apologise for doing so :)

Yes, we can have our own opinions, let's see how long that is respected.