What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Going straight in the boot...no idea how Siobhan will get it home ordinarily I would have dropped her off home but now it will cost £15 because the Congestion Charge is active 7 days a week until further notice.

Blinking heck @HarryBeau it's gone up that much!
I didn't get round to renewing my congestion charge pass this year, so it has run out now. I thought, with this coronavirus thing would I ever be driving round London again?

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Blinking heck @HarryBeau it's gone up that much
Yep it's now £15 the charge runs 7 days a week and is active from 6am to 10pm now TFL says it's temporary but who knows...it came in after the government 'loaned' them money to keep them afloat.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late to the party, straight 6.0 today for me.

@gennepher Happy birthday, have a lovely gentle day :)

Went out for my walk and saw the folk waiting for the pubs to open, people everywhere, so I just turned around and headed back. Best start stocking up ready for wave #2 I guess.

Enjoy the day :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late to the party, straight 6.0 today for me.

@gennepher Happy birthday, have a lovely gentle day :)

Went out for my walk and saw the folk waiting for the pubs to open, people everywhere, so I just turned around and headed back. Best start stocking up ready for wave #2 I guess.

Enjoy the day :)

Thank you @Alien Aspie
I am sorting my vegetable patch at the mo....

Looks like too many people...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bearing in mind just who and what dominates my immediate area very rude to forget. Good point made in the Washington Post this morning : “How is it,” asked Samuel Johnson, “that we hear the loudest yelps for liberty among the drivers” of enslaved workers? There was no good answer to that question." Remarkable how the take back controllers, end lockdowners and anti wokers have "cancelled" that quote.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
My ZenBrush2 app painting for today.

My first attempt at a cat!
I might try more cats today....

For my real paper and ink Chinese paintings, I had various seals, and 20 years ago I could write my Chinese name. But I cannot do my Chinese name on this app yet, my hand is far too clumsy. However, I have been trying to figure out how to do a simple pictorial Chinese seal (the last few days) for my ZenBrush2 paintings. This is the most successful so far, to say I am a cat painter (albeit only one cat painting so far).

View attachment 42506
@gennepher Do like the almost cartoonish quality of this cat.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So here is my first Sea Cliffs watercolour. My son drove off to Cornwall with his Caravan this morning, rather him than me. Anyway I thought about the Cornish coast and it's many coves, this taken from a plein air sketch I did a good few years ago A4 and about 90 minutes.
IMG_20200704_155825_edit.jpg

I think it was originally sketched near Boscastle or Tintagel.
Original sketch thumbnail below.
IMG_2474.JPG

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good later afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and birfday painters, been AOL recently. Please don't ask.

A young wet behind the ears 6.6 this morning.

Hopefully ab normal posting will resume along with abuse tomorrow, well maybe.
Now I must nip on the keyboard and murder a rendition of Happy birthday for our resident Picasso @gennepher be grateful you won't get to hear it.

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My ZenBrush2 app painting for today.

My first attempt at a cat!
I might try more cats today....

For my real paper and ink Chinese paintings, I had various seals, and 20 years ago I could write my Chinese name. But I cannot do my Chinese name on this app yet, my hand is far too clumsy. However, I have been trying to figure out how to do a simple pictorial Chinese seal (the last few days) for my ZenBrush2 paintings. This is the most successful so far, to say I am a cat painter (albeit only one cat painting so far).

View attachment 42506
Loving that

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So here is my first Sea Cliffs watercolour. My son drove off to Cornwall with his Caravan this morning, rather him than me. Anyway I thought about the Cornish coast and it's many coves, this taken from a plein air sketch I did a good few years ago A4 and about 90 minutes.
View attachment 42509

I think it was originally sketched near Boscastle or Tintagel.
Original sketch thumbnail below.
View attachment 42510
Nice - I particularly like the way that you dealt with the changing colours of the sea