What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit of a blast from the past getting a bit retro in my old age.

Splashed out on a teasmade the other day so get a cup of tea or coffee in the morning without the need to struggle down the stairs to the kitchen handy, thing is that it has a tea now button so you don’t have to wait for it to make a cup at the programmed time if you don’t want.
Got to love a bit of retro and what a treat if you can have tea in bed. Tea now button - very sensible.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 this morning. We are off to Norwich shortly. Poppy is coming with us. We will put the heat on in the venue then take her for a walk and then a meet and greet with class members.

Last day before half term.
Hi there @Krystyna23040
Is that 5.4 MMOL or A1C? My nephew has Type 1 and in Canada they use A1C% units, meaning that 7.0 here is fine, but there in A1C it's bad news. Not a criticism of you. It is a general problem on this site, the absence of units.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all on a dreary start to Saturday on the border of The Brecks and Fens with a side of Uncle Sam's finest. Unknown fbg but since I don't do regime change I won’t sweat the small stuff. @Annb how typically thoughtful of you to consider both the health and wealth of your cleaner - don’t neglect your own. @JohnEGreen great fbg and good idea to buy the teasmade. @gennepher hug for the cold but good that the hot toddy was helpful. @Krystyna23040 great fbg, thoughtful to warm up the venue and I'm sure Poppy will be the star of the show. @dunelm lovely insight into a busy start with those grandchildren. Thanks for sharing your art - what are those tall things? :D Enjoy the rugby - good to support grassroots sport. Thoughts and prayers with those regulars absent lately. Enjoy as much of the day as you can everyone.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Hi there @Krystyna23040
Is that 5.4 MMOL or A1C? My nephew has Type 1 and in Canada they use A1C% units, meaning that 7.0 here is fine, but there in A1C it's bad news. Not a criticism of you. It is a general problem on this site, the absence of units.

The standard unit of blood sugar in Canada is MMOL same as here A1C is a measure of average blood sugar over time usually 3 months and is used normally for diagnostic purposes.

In the USA they use MG/dl.

Last edited:

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The standard unit of blood sugar in Canada is MMOL same as here A12 is a measure of average blood sugar over time usually 3 months and is used normally for diagnostic purposes.

In the USA they use MG/dl.
Thanks John
My nephew and his mother in Canada are always talking about A1C one-off daily test levels, quoting 8 or 9. I suppose they must mean mmol/lt levels? It is somewhat alarming, as they can't be looking at a medical reference chart to interpret the data (one presumes?)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Take it easy @gennepher. When I feel like this I drag myself up and wander or shuffle round the house to give my body some movement, put the chimp inside my head back in it’s box and put my brain in a happy place.
Very good advice @dunelm

Just going to the kitchen and back at the moment is my limit, and then I fall asleep when I climb back in the bed.

That tiny bit of exercise is good. And I have that cat Midnight walking by my side every step of the way, until I get back in bed again...

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
FBG 5.7
Contact from a stranger on messenger this morning. Whoever it is knows MrSlim and asked me to pass on a greeting. They also mentioned by name his two nephews, but neither of us can work out who it is?
Sent a generic greeting back. MrSlim has very few family members left, perhaps this will be something good for him.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bit of a blast from the past getting a bit retro in my old age.

Splashed out on a teasmade the other day so get a cup of tea or coffee in the morning without the need to struggle down the stairs to the kitchen handy, thing is that it has a tea now button so you don’t have to wait for it to make a cup at the programmed time if you don’t want.
Brilliant @JohnEGreen

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all on a dreary start to Saturday on the border of The Brecks and Fens with a side of Uncle Sam's finest. Unknown fbg but since I don't do regime change I won’t sweat the small stuff. @Annb how typically thoughtful of you to consider both the health and wealth of your cleaner - don’t neglect your own. @JohnEGreen great fbg and good idea to buy the teasmade. @gennepher hug for the cold but good that the hot toddy was helpful. @Krystyna23040 great fbg, thoughtful to warm up the venue and I'm sure Poppy will be the star of the show. @dunelm lovely insight into a busy start with those grandchildren. Thanks for sharing your art - what are those tall things? :D Enjoy the rugby - good to support grassroots sport. Thoughts and prayers with those regulars absent lately. Enjoy as much of the day as you can everyone.
Thank you @ianpspurs. The tall things? Probably trees.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a chirpy start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. 5.9 on the rollercoaster gom jabbar as grumpy liver shot for the stars. The Ninky Nonks are up and sitting at the dining table having breakfast - no sign yet of Little Miss Pamplemouse who, at 9 years old is far too sensible to be up at the crack of dawn like her younger siblings. The sun is shining and there is the prospect of going to a rugby match, two of our nephews play for Middlesbrough and they are at home today. Art bit, a bit more. Hope your day brings a smile or two. I have finished my koffy and there are calls for toast!

View attachment 66240
At least you got to finish your coffee!
I like watching your Art Bits develop @dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Ian....

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
FBG 5.7
Contact from a stranger on messenger this morning. Whoever it is knows MrSlim and asked me to pass on a greeting. They also mentioned by name his two nephews, but neither of us can work out who it is?
Sent a generic greeting back. MrSlim has very few family members left, perhaps this will be something good for him.
I do hope Mr Slim finds he has a relative or someone familiar to contact. It sounds hopeful. Sad to be separated from family for whatever reason but hurtful, I know, in his case. I'm becoming concerned that the only cousin I am in touch with, is 85 and last I heard, he had a recurrence of his lung cancer which had spread to his liver. His wife is also suffering from dementia. It's heartbreaking. The only other family contact I have is with my brother and his wife. He is 81 and, at 79, she is a few months older than me. Nobody else left that I can contact on that side of the family. I could ask for other cousins' addresses, but fear that it would come across as, "You won't be around for much longer, so I need an alternative." So I don't ask.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG I mentioned at 3am this morning

Blood glucose is now 6.8. And this was after I made cheesy scrambled eggs...

Wildlife nighttime video
Badger very interested in the swing & Cat Jade got surprised by the Badger
1.25 secs

Creative
I was in the chemist yesterday waiting for my meds. She had been told that some of hers were unavailable, and she looked dejected....
I used my pixel 4a screen to sketch her as I did not have my postcards nor pen with me, and that would have been too obvious anyway. i thought this was a good compromise if I am out and am waiting and want to sketch someone...
Used Infinite Painter for this.

Have your best day...

Mine will be mostly sleeping with this cold.

IMG_5943.jpeg

Last edited:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Wildlife nighttime video
1.25 secs

Creative
I was in the chemist yesterday waiting for my meds. She had been told that some of hers were unavailable, and she looked dejected....
I used my pixel 4a screen to sketch her as I did not have my postcards nor pen with me, and that would have been too obvious anyway. i thought this was a good compromise if I am out and am waiting and want to sketch someone...

Have your best day...

View attachment 66244
Winner for the sketch but a hug for the cold. Rest, fluids and warmth is just the ticket. You certainly captured that lady's depressed attitude. It's a gift that I wish I had.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all feeling under the weather.
Strange old part sentence that “ feeling under the “ and whatever connotation you care to tack on the end. Me me’s and myself will leave that to your imagination.

Blood sugars this morning were 5.7

Earlier the following happened.
I had 2 very pleasant Jehovah Witnesses wander up the drive, I showed them the part buried skeleton in the front garden, then said I needed to sharpen my axe.
They didn't stay long.

Stay safe all and if you really want to stay safe avoid the long haired, obese elderly motorcyclist with lunatic tendencies that lives in Tilehurst Towers

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Winner for the sketch but a hug for the cold. Rest, fluids and warmth is just the ticket. You certainly captured that lady's depressed attitude. It's a gift that I wish I had.
Thank you @Annb
I was watching her heart sink lower and lower the more the pharmacist explained, so that made it easy to draw...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Wildlife nighttime video
1.25 secs

Creative

Have your best day...

View attachment 66244
Smashing sketch, catching someone sitting quite sadly and with a look that says “why bother”.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all feeling under the weather.
Strange old part sentence that “ feeling under the “ and whatever connotation you care to tack on the end. Me me’s and myself will leave that to your imagination.

Blood sugars this morning were 5.7

Earlier the following happened.
I had 2 very pleasant Jehovah Witnesses wander up the drive, I showed them the part buried skeleton in the front garden, then said I needed to sharpen my axe.
They didn't stay long.

Stay safe all and if you really want to stay safe avoid the long haired, obese elderly motorcyclist with lunatic tendencies that lives in Tilehurst Towers
Feeling under the sideboard for you.