What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Morning...wish that dammed wind would quieten down...it woke me at 3am...managed to get another couple of hours sleep...fingers crossed the roof & chimney stack have stayed put...cold seems to be fading:)...woke to a 5.3...certainly an improvement on yesterday.
Very Pleased it's on the wane, hope your soon back to your old self. Thinking of you take care, Best Wishes K

Reactions: HarryBeau

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

...still with flu and chest infection!
@NewTD2 Hope you've been to the doctors to get antibiotics for the chest infection I get them most winters they can progress to other nasties,so don't delay. Take care and keep posting on how your getting on! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
good morning all :)

4.3 today

my meeting with the dietician yesterday was interesting, my reading is that they were more an adherent of the low GI carb school than LCHF but we managed some good discussion about real food, vitamins, minerals etc. They said I was doing well with my diet and it was healthy (and mentioned that I wasn't doing a 'ketogenic' diet - which I'm not as I stick to under 80g of carb a day), were flattering about my weight loss and said that it and my bg improvement was 'commendable' . They did try to gently push me towards eating 'a few' more carbs and said ideally not to go under 100g a day in future :banghead: , (so I smiled in a friendly manner ;)), gave me the standard booklet (whilst saying it was probably not helpful in line with my 'current lifestyle') and a copy of a GI food list which they said would be more more useful in helping me to concentrate on 'healthier carbs' They were however, helpful and informative about vitamins and minerals etc. and offered me a contact for future queries.

Maintainance is now the name of the game for me I think, the dietician said that there are two possible scenarios/causes for my being T2, A - that my obesity made me insulin resistant (or as I believe, my insulin resistance made me obese) or B - my pancreas function may be diminishing - or any combination of the two factors - if my T2 is progressive I would like to slow it down as much as possible so my 'current lifestyle' will continue ie Lower carb/healthy fat, real food and a decent amount of exercise :)
geefull good on you stick with what works for you and well done K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning,5.9 ......creeping downwards now I hope.Ill continue with coffe and cream instead of breakfast.Poor hubby has gone down with a cold so is having a day in bed.I had to laugh @Granny_grump_ " old age and dry rot" that's one of my sayings,and I first heard it from my mother when I was caring for her.Now it applies to me!!
Hi Glenmac I think we are two of a very large club ! And wasn't our mothers very wise mums! K
Hope your hubby is soon better Man flu is so much worse than we get HaHa!!! Only joking! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I was 14.3 this morning I haven't taken my bloods in weeks I'm trying to get back into it. So wish me luck
You'll get there if you keep asking questions to others on here has to how they manage their diabetes,that's how we have all learned to control ours! So wishing you Good Luck and stay with this site it's full of marvellously knowledgeable and ultra friendly people! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning all. Got a good night of sleep today, so feeling much more energetic. Blood sugars were 4.9 this morning.
So glad you slept well lack of sleep is awful, I'm just the same seen more 2 am lately but we will get there! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting a flu shot is now getting a little pointless for this year as it can take up to several weeks for your immune system to develop the required antibodies. You really need to get the flu immunisation in September/October for best protection in the ensuing winter.
@Ymdawd hope your keeping well yourself, nice to see you on here and always helpful and informative advice! K

Reactions: HarryBeau

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning all. BG was 8.4@8am today. Though I had a high carb dinner late yesterday so I expected it to be higher but I think it's still ok
Hi heavyd your BG is not great but not bad, if you could work out how to use carb alternatives so your not eating high carb foods your BG would come down, but nice to here from you again!K

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

4.3 today

my meeting with the dietician yesterday was interesting, my reading is that they were more an adherent of the low GI carb school than LCHF but we managed some good discussion about real food, vitamins, minerals etc. They said I was doing well with my diet and it was healthy (and mentioned that I wasn't doing a 'ketogenic' diet - which I'm not as I stick to under 80g of carb a day), were flattering about my weight loss and said that it and my bg improvement was 'commendable' . They did try to gently push me towards eating 'a few' more carbs and said ideally not to go under 100g a day in future :banghead: , (so I smiled in a friendly manner ;)), gave me the standard booklet (whilst saying it was probably not helpful in line with my 'current lifestyle') and a copy of a GI food list which they said would be more more useful in helping me to concentrate on 'healthier carbs' They were however, helpful and informative about vitamins and minerals etc. and offered me a contact for future queries.

Maintainance is now the name of the game for me I think, the dietician said that there are two possible scenarios/causes for my being T2, A - that my obesity made me insulin resistant (or as I believe, my insulin resistance made me obese) or B - my pancreas function may be diminishing - or any combination of the two factors - if my T2 is progressive I would like to slow it down as much as possible so my 'current lifestyle' will continue ie Lower carb/healthy fat, real food and a decent amount of exercise :)
Very interesting geeful but not surprising...I have the same view with the obesity question...believe my diabetes was a big factor in my weight gain ...I have a review next month...I expect to hear pretty much the same as you have...and will smile & nod at the appropriate points...I wonder why 'they' are so resistant to the LCHF approach.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very Pleased it's on the wane, hope your soon back to your old self. Thinking of you take care, Best Wishes K
Thanks K...I always seem to get a little something before my review I due...the last one got a blasted infection...rally think cold is on the way out...but not saying too much...don't want to tempt fate.

Reactions: ziggy_w

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Granny_grump_ Morning...not a great sleep...my poor old 'dodgy' knee started with a vengeance yesterday...impacting on my activity...seems to be worse this morning...won't bend fully...won't straighten...stiff...painful...do I rest it...or push on through...think the old age & dry rot has got to me...woke to a 5.9

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@NewTD2 Hope you've been to the doctors to get antibiotics for the chest infection I get them most winters they can progress to other nasties,so don't delay. Take care and keep posting on how your getting on! K

If you have a chest or upper respiratory infection most of them are viral nfection in which case antibiotics are no use whatsoever.