What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning....4.7 this morning at 7am,the coffee with cream instead of breakfast is bringing the morning reading down.Thought lack of sleep was keeping me high,we had two serenades from our lovely HGV drivers in the night.The black coffee appears to help! Have a good day everyone,I shall head back to bed later and catch up on sleep!Poor hubby is still feeling low with a cold and chest infection.Thank goodness we had our flu jabs in October.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Very interesting geeful but not surprising...I have the same view with the obesity question...believe my diabetes was a big factor in my weight gain ...I have a review next month...I expect to hear pretty much the same as you have...and will smile & nod at the appropriate points...I wonder why 'they' are so resistant to the LCHF approach.
@geefull @Bubbsie my review is tomorrow,I'm not explaining anything to them only Diabetes .co.uk that I follow and will be carrying on regardless of whatever my cholesterol level is. I've never been has slim since I was young,or feeling good about myself like I do now and in control of my diabetes,like most I'd like slightly lower BG readings but I'm still in range So Sod them All. We type2 don't warrant more than a once a year review and rotten advice so I'm no intention of changing anything . So There Ranting over, Good luck with your own reviews! K

Reactions: geefull

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 5.4 today.

@Granny_grump_ How was your sleep today? Hope you are getting a few more zzz.
Hi Ziggy a little more some days but mostly no, my dogs are having some problems and I don't like to leave them on there own during the night, so I've been taking them into bedroom but they are pugs and snore worse than I don't know what. I get to the point some night when I just have to put them out has I'm shattered. One has started with epilepsy but only had two fits in two years, the other is having breathing problems due to paralysed flap over airways, looking into cost of having it removed, she only started all this after dental treatment late last year so I will be having a talk to vet about sharing some of the responsibility!K
Glad your getting more sleep though, great BG numbers,well done! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning....4.7 this morning at 7am,the coffee with cream instead of breakfast is bringing the morning reading down.Thought lack of sleep was keeping me high,we had two serenades from our lovely HGV drivers in the night.The black coffee appears to help! Have a good day everyone,I shall head back to bed later and catch up on sleep!Poor hubby is still feeling low with a cold and chest infection.Thank goodness we had our flu jabs in October.
Hi Glenmac I'm still trying the coffee with cream but it's not working for me, so glad you found something for you, hope hubby gets better soon,it takes around 5 days to getting something like if he doesn't have a chest infection so keep an eye on him and get antibiotics Has soon has possible if he does!
Do those wagon drivers never grow up! K

Reactions: ziggy_w

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
If you have a chest or upper respiratory infection most of them are viral nfection in which case antibiotics are no use whatsoever.
Hi Ymdawd that's interesting and I know you know about these things,but my sister has developed three infections since having flu, ear,chest and urine she's type1 diabetic and been put on 1000 mg antibiotics doctors told her not to wait in future come straight down to see them and if she's no better just ring and come to surgery? K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Granny_grump_ Morning...not a great sleep...my poor old 'dodgy' knee started with a vengeance yesterday...impacting on my activity...seems to be worse this morning...won't bend fully...won't straighten...stiff...painful...do I rest it...or push on through...think the old age & dry rot has got to me...woke to a 5.9
Hope things I prefer you soon Bubbsie,Harry will keep it warm for you! Haha, well he will kill or cure it anyway! K