What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
K definitely won't be doing that...plan to have it for lunch...supper and some tomorrow...determined to head this cold off...seems to be the only thing that works for me!
@Bubbsie so many coming down with it take good care of yourself hope your soon better! K
Posted to Glenmac about mt hospital visit today will let people read it so I don't have to keep repeating myself !K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Many thanks!

How’s your treatment going on?
Hi@NewTD2 I'm to have it removed when I get back from Spain, will need skin graft they say, will keep positive about it all until I hear different, but thanks for asking! K

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi@NewTD2 I'm to have it removed when I get back from Spain, will need skin graft they say, will keep positive about it all until I hear different, but thanks for asking! K

Hope and pray it will disappear completely.

As I mentioned before, a friend of mine had the same problem and it disappeared after minor surgery, so nothing to worry about!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ThankYou@Glenmac it was today at 12-30 I'm to have it removed in theatre and will need a skin graft taken from my thigh, they said it will still leave a deep wound because there is very little flesh where it is on lower leg just above ankle. But I booked last year to go to Spain on 5 February so they said they would do it when we get back, I will be monitored for twelve months after surgery if no more appear I will be discharged but they will keep on monitoring me, upto three to five years.
I found a strange light pink flat mark his morning on my chest and showed it to him so he has frozen it and said if it hasn't gone when I go back they will repeat the procedure. It's old age and dry rot I told him they laugh, it's what my mother used to say if things started to affect her health! I'm staying positive about things until they tell me otherwise it's better than worrying when I don't yet have all the facts,and a holiday is just what we need at this time so where off in February. But I will keep posting to let you know how things went after surgery,and I cannot thank people enough for all your good wishes it keeps me going! K
K...the dry rot & old age made me laugh...good positive approach...enjoy your holiday.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Bubbsie so many coming down with it take good care of yourself hope your soon better! K
Posted to Glenmac about mt hospital visit today will let people read it so I don't have to keep repeating myself !K
Thanks K...cold seems to be on the wane...thank goodness...had enough chicken soup yesterday to last me the rest of the year...anymore and I'll be clucking.

Reactions: Freema

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...wish that dammed wind would quieten down...it woke me at 3am...managed to get another couple of hours sleep...fingers crossed the roof & chimney stack have stayed put...cold seems to be fading:)...woke to a 5.3...certainly an improvement on yesterday.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

...still with flu and chest infection!
Sounds horrendous TD...you really do have my utmost sympathy...never easy managing diabetes per se...but with flu and a chest infection!...I wouldn't worry about your levels for now (still great control in the circumstances)..just .concentrate on getting well.

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It's a funny old world. MDMA, aka Ecstacy was also developed as a way to reduce the amount of troop rations needed. Worked well as an appetite suppressant, but the.. side effects weren't exactly what the military wanted :p

Methadone was originally developed by the Germans in the run up to WWII as a battlefield analgesic alternative to morphine. Bet they never anticipated its current ( pointless in many ways ) use in drug addiction treatment.

Reactions: Freema

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Oh I do hope your soon well it's a bad one this year my sister has had it she now has a bad chest and ear infection so don't daudle about go to your GP our immune system is compromised with Diabetes we don't get over things like other people. Keep warm hydrated and take good care of yourself. Will be thinking of you Chin Up! K

Getting a flu shot is now getting a little pointless for this year as it can take up to several weeks for your immune system to develop the required antibodies. You really need to get the flu immunisation in September/October for best protection in the ensuing winter.

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning,5.9 ......creeping downwards now I hope.Ill continue with coffe and cream instead of breakfast.Poor hubby has gone down with a cold so is having a day in bed.I had to laugh @Granny_grump_ " old age and dry rot" that's one of my sayings,and I first heard it from my mother when I was caring for her.Now it applies to me!!

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

my meeting with the dietician yesterday was interesting, my reading is that they were more an adherent of the low GI carb school than LCHF but we managed some good discussion about real food, vitamins, minerals etc. They said I was doing well with my diet and it was healthy (and mentioned that I wasn't doing a 'ketogenic' diet - which I'm not as I stick to under 80g of carb a day), were flattering about my weight loss and said that it and my bg improvement was 'commendable' . They did try to gently push me towards eating 'a few' more carbs and said ideally not to go under 100g a day in future :banghead: , (so I smiled in a friendly manner ;)), gave me the standard booklet (whilst saying it was probably not helpful in line with my 'current lifestyle') and a copy of a GI food list which they said would be more more useful in helping me to concentrate on 'healthier carbs' They were however, helpful and informative about vitamins and minerals etc. and offered me a contact for future queries.

Maintainance is now the name of the game for me I think, the dietician said that there are two possible scenarios/causes for my being T2, A - that my obesity made me insulin resistant (or as I believe, my insulin resistance made me obese) or B - my pancreas function may be diminishing - or any combination of the two factors - if my T2 is progressive I would like to slow it down as much as possible so my 'current lifestyle' will continue ie Lower carb/healthy fat, real food and a decent amount of exercise :)