What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So a 9.1 for me this morning. And in other news, weight still seems to be heading in the right direction, fat's down, muscle's up.. But so is my water content. I'm apparently 54.2%, and blame that on all the rain lately.

Oh, and I discovered the carnivore's canape. Peckish last night so sliced up some salami for nibbles. Then figured I'd mas.. I mean smash a bit of avocado, finely chop some toms & peppers and used those as topping. Quicker than making & baking pastry. Oh, and @Granny_grump_ giving up chocolate? What madness is this! :p

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone
BG at about 4:30 am 6.5
BG at 8:45 6.2
BG before bed last night 5.5
Thought I'd try to counteract the liver dump and had a tiny bar of greens and blacks chocolate and a few walnuts it obviously didn't work so will stop having something before bed in future and it will be what ever it is.!K

you could try drink a sharp whisky late at night, only one of cause .. and see if that doesn´t do the job

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...honestly this diabetes 'thing' is unfathomable at times...had a good day yesterday...until work really peed me off (its a long story)...let myself down in style...not prepared to admit the full range of my carb fest...dreading this mornings test...woke to an undeserved 4.6...did a second test...4.9...grateful & relieved...still trying to figure that outo_O.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.9 for me have a great weekend everyone
af64fd4028b43fc97af81fba01a09e95.jpg

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
7.2 this morning. I can’t buy good numbers lately.
Hi @Troubled1 I know what you mean stressing out over this skin cancer isn't helping me either although I have been all over the 6 s, hope things improve for both of us soon,I'm off on holiday to Spain in a week and have my operation week after we get back so perhaps after that and biopsy results are back I may relax more.!K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
So a 9.1 for me this morning. And in other news, weight still seems to be heading in the right direction, fat's down, muscle's up.. But so is my water content. I'm apparently 54.2%, and blame that on all the rain lately.

Oh, and I discovered the carnivore's canape. Peckish last night so sliced up some salami for nibbles. Then figured I'd mas.. I mean smash a bit of avocado, finely chop some toms & peppers and used those as topping. Quicker than making & baking pastry. Oh, and @Granny_grump_ giving up chocolate? What madness is this! :p
@first14808 im just a little fed up with trying to counteract the LD in the morning even when I'm in the 5s before bed they go to 6s in the morning so just though why bother! I'm not a chocolate eater except if I crave something sweet sometimes, so it's not a huge sacrifice for me, hope you get on top of your BG levels but you seem to have cracked doing the weight loss good luck to you! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning everyone
BG @ 4.25 am :6.2
BG @ 8.25 am :6.3
My readings are rising even if I haven't eaten anything during the whole day recently it has to be my stress levels!
Should have had diabetic review yesterday but got stuck in traffic and missed it rearranged for Friday 2/2/18
Had my letter about my op I'm to have it removed on 15/2/18 has a day patient I've been more bothered about the skin graft I'll have to have done than the hole left in my leg,how stupid is that.!K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning everyone, 3.9 today, keep well everyone.
Hi philchap1 still on the low side for you hope your not following in Cumberland and Karen's shoes with BG all over the place,hope by the way Cumberland and Karen are getting their now,good luck to everyone! K

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
BG @ 4.25 am :6.2
BG @ 8.25 am :6.3
My readings are rising even if I haven't eaten anything during the whole day recently it has to be my stress levels!
Should have had diabetic review yesterday but got stuck in traffic and missed it rearranged for Friday 2/2/18
Had my letter about my op I'm to have it removed on 15/2/18 has a day patient I've been more bothered about the skin graft I'll have to have done than the hole left in my leg,how stupid is that.!K
not stupid at all kathleen sending big hugs xx:happy:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 5.3 today.
Hi ziggy great numbers was looking forward to a day out today to help with stress levels but it's grey wet and miserable outside never mind we are out tonight on a steak night looking forward to it! K

Reactions: ziggy_w