What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi philchap1 still on the low side for you hope your not following in Cumberland and Karen's shoes with BG all over the place,hope by the way Cumberland and Karen are getting their now,good luck to everyone! K
hi k i seem to be back to normal now thanks ....whatever normal is that is :wacky:bet your looking forward to your holiday ;)mines in march so not too long then ive got my sons wedding in july thats in santorini greece so lots to look forward to :joyful:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
hi k i seem to be back to normal now thanks ....whatever normal is that is :wacky:bet your looking forward to your holiday ;)mines in march so not too long then ive got my sons wedding in july thats in santorini greece so lots to look forward to :joyful:
Hi Karen we can't wait just to chill and get out and about to some of our favourite places, bet you too are looking forward to yours, and the wedding of your son in Greece Wow! Sounds fabulous! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning...honestly this diabetes 'thing' is unfathomable at times...had a good day yesterday...until work really peed me off (its a long story)...let myself down in style...not prepared to admit the full range of my carb fest...dreading this mornings test...woke to an undeserved 4.6...did a second test...4.9...grateful & relieved...still trying to figure that outo_O.
Well I had carrot chips Youngs Scampi with mayo for our evening meal last night, my BG 2 hours later went to 14.5 won't be having that again not had scampi for a few years! K

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi ziggy great numbers was looking forward to a day out today to help with stress levels but it's grey wet and miserable outside never mind we are out tonight on a steak night looking forward to it! K

Hi Kathleen,

Yes, it is grey and wet outside here too. Not very motivating. At least, it is no longer freezing, though. It is actually quite warm given it is only the end of January.

Enjoy your evening out. Steak sounds wonderful.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks Granny, had to do a cannula change late last night, correction dose a tad high, hope you are well.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi Kathleen,

Yes, it is grey and wet outside here too. Not very motivating. At least, it is no longer freezing, though. It is actually quite warm given it is only the end of January.

Enjoy your evening out. Steak sounds wonderful.
Hi Ziggy has I once told you my brother lives in Baden Baden and it's been huge snow drifts like walls some years so glad it's not freezing where you are,I don't like the cold especially more so since losing weight I'm always cold, so it's has well I don't live where we get very bad winters. But it doesn't stop us brits moaning about the weather! K

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I had carrot chips Youngs Scampi with mayo for our evening meal last night, my BG 2 hours later went to 14.5 won't be having that again not had scampi for a few years! K
Well given what you've had to contend with K...you can have a hall pass on the scampi...clearly needed...occasionally a small diversion is necessary...essential...no idea why I succumbed yesterday...just one of those times nothing else would do...relieved to get away with it...won't be trusting to luck again too soon...already done a session on the exercise bike before 'Phat' boys walk...that'll teach me...hope that scampi was delicious...glad you enjoyed it.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well given what you've had to contend with K...you can have a hall pass on the scampi...clearly needed...occasionally a small diversion is necessary...essential...no idea why I succumbed yesterday...just one of those times nothing else would do...relieved to get away with it...won't be trusting to luck again too soon...already done a session on the exercise bike before 'Phat' boys walk...that'll teach me...hope that scampi was delicious...glad you enjoyed it.
Enjoy your walk with Harry, the photo I tried sending you was of Louie on his back on our bed with the full monty on show again, what's he like! K

Olufisayo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Going out. After closing from work, I relax at home.
27. 01. 2018.
Hi good people! This Saturday morning around at 8:43 am I tested my bg level, it was 175 (9.722222). I felt very bad and moody, wondering what I ate for dinner yesterday. I sat there feeling frustrated because I didn’t miss my metformin. At 11.02, I had an urge to go and retest my bg again. To my amazement it had come down to 122 (6.7777). Why is this fluctuation. Meanwhile I haven’t eaten anything because I am feeling sad.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi@Glenmac Can't seem to find anything that works for me,so I'm giving in until after op results has I'm sure it's just stress and lack of sleep,manage to get off but a few hours later during early mornings I'm awake and rarely get back to sleep. Not looking to get any lower reading then until late February early March,do hope so anyway! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks Granny, had to do a cannula change late last night, correction dose a tad high, hope you are well.
Hi@philchap1 On the whole I'm very well,just this op to get over on 15 Feb. with skin graft to have has well, I'm not to my knowledge having general surgery so I will be awake throughout,I used to look after all surgical instruments in my job and recalling the skin graft knife and the graft grater I'm so not looking forward to that. This I'm sure is what's causing the sleeplessness and stress at moment can't think of anything else it could be,but it has to be done so I just wanted it over but this holiday has put it back only around a week,but we booked it last year and to be honest we need it.! K Take care yourself

Reactions: philchap1

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi@Glenmac Can't seem to find anything that works for me,so I'm giving in until after op results has I'm sure it's just stress and lack of sleep,manage to get off but a few hours later during early mornings I'm awake and rarely get back to sleep. Not looking to get any lower reading then until late February early March,do hope so anyway! K
This diabetes is a puzzle sometimes,there are so many factors to consider stress sleep patterns and diet,just some of them.Once you get through the next few weeks you can concentrate on diet.The holiday in Spain will be a good thing,hope you have a great time.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 haven´t slept at all this night... I am really having troubles sleeping at the moment.. almost every other day now.. had a shower and did some cleaning then... so now having a breakfast and NO coffee ..maybe some chai later .. my daugther will have guests today .. and then having her mother look like a neurotic owl...hanging in the sofa :wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sadly, a whopping 16.3mmol. Pah, I'm having a hard time, went to bed quite high too but didn't correct just in case. Blast. Starting a pump soon, praying my erratic control will improve.