What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 today after another disturbed night,had a long discussion on ringing Police Scotland yet again at 4.30 am after two disturbances by HGV drivers, and giving company names.Im to be contacted by the police today with an update on the action they are taking.I could give them lots of suggestions(not printable on here!)Sorry for the rant!
Forgot to say have a good Friday everyone.

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
6.3 today after another disturbed night,had a long discussion on ringing Police Scotland yet again at 4.30 am after two disturbances by HGV drivers, and giving company names.Im to be contacted by the police today with an update on the action they are taking.I could give them lots of suggestions(not printable on here!)Sorry for the rant!
Glenmac they need more than reporting wonder if you contacted the companies direct would do any good! Hope the police can do something to make them behave like adults instead of spoiled children! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks K, hope you are well.
Hi@philchap1 I'm well in myself thanks not had a good nights sleep bottom of leg where they removed it is a little painful today,only to be expected the novacane has worn off. But will be ok thanks! K

Reactions: philchap1

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Fingers crossed for your results Granny_grump!

5.2 at 6.30 a.m.

Tested at 2.30 a.m. just because I happened to be awake - a happy 4.9, so the basal is doing its job and there isn't too big of a variation overnight.

I have my retinal eye scan this p.m. I shall be glad to get it done but our local eye department is under so much pressure - far too few staff for so very many patients. I shall take a toy with me to keep myself amused. (OK, some stitching....)

Stay well and stay warm everyone!
@WuTwo hope all goes well for you,know what you mean about staff shortages but has the diabetes population increases it's not going to get better,so if NHS are not helping people we have to help ourselves with help and support from everyone on here helping each other.!

Reactions: ziggy_w and WuTwo

gusbudone

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
500 grams of carbs a day that is crazy , can’t you get that down to around the half of it ? Then you would probably not need to take metformin
yes i know it, but my doctor advised it, he does not agree with low carb diet

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yes i know it, but my doctor advised it, he does not agree with low carb diet
well ..hmm .in GOD we trust

250 grams of carbs in a day is not low carb it is a healthy normal non diabetic level of carbs, 500 gram of carbs is a very high level of carbs also for a person who is not at all diabetic..

I think you´ll need a miracle to keep your diabetes from not progressing when eating such high level of carbs

but of cause this is a free world , but I think controling carb levels is why so many in this forum have normal blood glucose levels.... when being type 2 diabetics ... of cause this is different in type 1 diabetics where the insuline still work in their body without having to intake abnormal high levels of it due to insuline resistance

Last edited:
Reactions: Keesha

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance

Pain in the backside. Other people's noise drives me up the wall when it is just inconsiderate...always has (and I drive my wife bonkers with it). Police Scotland...aye...I have a rough idea what they will do about it - forget to call you back, misplace the complaint, or (at best) let you know they are keeping it on record and you should call them if it happens again. I would have more faith in total reversal of my diabetes.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
i get 3 metformin a day and about 500 gram carb a day, but i don not know my glucose 2 hour after meal today just 4.7

Do you mind making me understand how many carbs per meal per day? Sounds like a lot of carbs for a Type 2 diabetic to consume. Do you count calories too? If I were to eat that many carbs it would send my blood glucose over the roof.