What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sure is! First time I tried 90% chocolate it was very too bitter. Now even 100% is easy to eat too much of.

Day started well as they got blood out of my arm, which is a rarity. First try too.

Congrats on your 4.7.
Nice one on the blood draw - literally feel your pain with that - there is one nurse who can get blood out of me without multiple attempts, so I always ask for her now!

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning....7.6!
Had a very eventful day yesterday......a bad fall in our kitchen resulting in two fractures,right leg.Fell at 3.15, long wait for ambulance,even though I'd been lying on the floor for some time and was very shocked and cold when I could raise the alarm.We arrived home at 10 pm,with a pair of crutches and a plaster cast from toes to knee.I'm not able to use the crutches because of all over soreness and the weight of the cast so I'm in bed today, feeling sorry for myself!:(
So sorry to hear about this - wishing you the speediest of recoveries!

Reactions: Prem51

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
@Glenmac So very sorry to here of your accident yesterday what a shock for you wish you a good recovery and hope your more comutoday,but probably not due to soreness, let us know how your doing. Best Wishes Kathleen. , K

Reactions: Freema

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning....7.6!
Had a very eventful day yesterday......a bad fall in our kitchen resulting in two fractures,right leg.Fell at 3.15, long wait for ambulance,even though I'd been lying on the floor for some time and was very shocked and cold when I could raise the alarm.We arrived home at 10 pm,with a pair of crutches and a plaster cast from toes to knee.I'm not able to use the crutches because of all over soreness and the weight of the cast so I'm in bed today, feeling sorry for myself!:(
Your well entitled to feel sorry for yourself after what you've been through wish you well! K

Reactions: ianpspurs

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning....7.6!
Ouch, Glenmac. What a horrible thing to happen. Hope you are soon feeling more comfortable. Take care.:)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
@Cumberland and @philchap1 Thankyou for your concern.Its ironic that it was the snow and ice which worried me,and then I slip on an onion skin in the kitchen.At least it wasn't a banana skin,and I've lots of low carb food for us to eat.

Aww bless you x

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nice one on the blood draw - literally feel your pain with that - there is one nurse who can get blood out of me without multiple attempts, so I always ask for her now!

My heart sank when I got there as the guy who called me in usually has multiple attempts and is the worst phlebotomist at the surgery, but he managed to get it right today. I’d been to the gym and drunk a lot of water so that might have helped too.

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My heart sank when I got there as the guy who called me in usually has multiple attempts and is the worst phlebotomist at the surgery, but he managed to get it right today. I’d been to the gym and drunk a lot of water so that might have helped too.
They tell me to drink loads too and I have to arrive in gloves hat and scarf so I'm hot enough - so your gym visit was a good move. Glad for you he got it right first time.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Keesha
@Granny_grump_ @eggs11 and@Paulines7,and everyone,Thankyou for your good wishes,I'm feeling better already.The paramedic who took my details,meds and did a BG approved of the low carb diet,and hopefully the good diet will help me heal well.Thankyou everyone,I hope your snow is disappearing,and you are all warm.
Hi @Glenmac So glad your feeling better it's such a shock when you slip,wishing you a good recovery! K

Reactions: Cumberland

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning Prem51 hope your keeping well,I've been awake since 3 am but I'm going to see if I can get another hour or so.
Our dog Louie is snoring his head off wish I could sleep like him!Haha! K

Reactions: DJC3

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good Morning @Granny_grump_ ! Thanks for the greeting. I'm ok apart from a 8.4 fbg reading this morning. I think it was the pizza & pint last night. I'm at the airport now about to fly out.
Hope you enjoyed them, where you flying off too wherever it is chill and enjoy it! K