What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
How are you now dear ? Send you my love and best wishes ? So much you have to struggle with it is so sad
My fbg is 11.2 this morning. I've left a message for my dn as I've gained a stone of weight with constipation and fluid. Hba1c was done yesterday. My pain levels have rocketted out of control. Codeine doesn't work. See GP tomorrow and awaiting hospital dn to get back to me. 6wk wait for abdominal scan.... not 2 like gp said.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
BG of 7.8 at 6.30am. Just can’t seem to get out of the sevens at the moment. Mind you the sticky toffee pudding last night does not help. Just felt like a morale booster
Here's a morale booster for you... I think I remember you posting BG at 3.3 a day or two ago. You can do it but no more puds. Have a great Granny Smith or some riotous raspberries instead. Today's number shows your your direction for today. Hope it's a lovely sunny one for you.:)

Reactions: Cumberland and DJC3

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
Hi everyone just got back from doctors Has my graft started bleeding this morning he's sending me to see district nurse for dressings until it dries up,he seems to think it's looking ok so I will be guided by him. Keep well everyone,@ Glenmac whilst I'm there this afternoon 3-15 pm I'll enquire if they know where you may get a wheelchair on loan to see if I can get some information for you, just a thought but in most towns now if your disabled there are shops near centre of towns that let you use electric buggys and chairs so people can get around they may be able to put you in touch with a dept. that could help! K Just thought of there name they are Motability shops
Take care Granny

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thankyou @Granny_grump_ and@DJC3 we have just looked to buy a wheelchair,and a receptionist at our health centre has offered to lend us one she owns.You are all very kind.
Bob worked with the elderly and social services before retirement so he's feeling a wee bit exasperated that everything is now such a hassle.
Glenmac so sorry about your fall

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My fbg is 11.2 this morning. I've left a message for my dn as I've gained a stone of weight with constipation and fluid. Hba1c was done yesterday. My pain levels have rocketted out of control. Codeine doesn't work. See GP tomorrow and awaiting hospital dn to get back to me. 6wk wait for abdominal scan.... not 2 like gp said.

So sorry about your pain ickihun, must be horrendous if codeine’s not touching it. Good luck at the GP tomorrow

My fbg 6.4 today - trip into 5s very short lived.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.8 creeping up each day. Again BG was at 7.5 at bedtime last night after being 5.5 two hours after dinner and having had nothing to eat between.

Was horrified to read of your fall Glenmac how awful for you..

And hope your doctor can sort you out some suitable pain relief ickihun.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
So sorry about your pain ickihun, must be horrendous if codeine’s not touching it. Good luck at the GP tomorrow

My fbg 6.4 today - trip into 5s very short lived.
5s are fantastic. I'd love steady 6s at mo thou. Swop??? Ha ha
Thankyou fot your kind words. They mean alot.
Waking in pain. I'm screening for help but I seem to have a deaf gp, just one. He will be listening tomorrow. A very early appointment too. God help him.
He's lucky I cannot get to him daily otherwise he'd be sick of seeing me. I've taxi money from a friend soooo godhelp him. ;)

Reactions: Goacher55 and DJC3

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
BG of 7.8 at 6.30am. Just can’t seem to get out of the sevens at the moment. Mind you the sticky toffee pudding last night does not help. Just felt like a morale booster
We all need comfort foods occasionally good luck with BG!K

Reactions: Goacher55

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
5.8 creeping up each day. Again BG was at 7.5 at bedtime last night after being 5.5 two hours after dinner and having had nothing to eat between.

Was horrified to read of your fall Glenmac how awful for you..

And hope your doctor can sort you out some suitable pain relief ickihun.
Thank you John.
Adding weight because cannot move for any longer than a few minutes than wham! it hits me like a brick. On top of constant right side internal pain.
Ive had a few days of horrendous school run in capabilities. School helped once I got on their premises but just 2 Street walk has been horrendous. Stopping twice as much but in agony. I've cried on way back after 20mins wait first. Luckily no one around. Sooo embarrassing. :(
I'm telling GP I need a wheelchair if no pain help ASAP.

Reactions: Freema

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Take care Granny
@heavyd Thanks it will take a long time to heal but I'm sure it will eventually,got three appointments today and it's snowing here hate driving in this weather won't be home until mid afternoon and I go out in less than an hour. Hope your review went well and your keeping well,take care of yourself will speak again. Best Wishes ! K

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
@heavyd Thanks it will take a long time to heal but I'm sure it will eventually,got three appointments today and it's snowing here hate driving in this weather won't be home until mid afternoon and I go out in less than an hour. Hope your review went well and your keeping well,take care of yourself will speak again. Best Wishes ! K
Thanks Granny. My review is tomorrow Friday. It will surely heal