What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 at 6.30. Have had 2 huge mugs - 1.5 pints - of tea with almond milk since. 4.9 at 9.00. To pick the brains on here should I test a couple of days with breakfast versus IF or stick to "if it ain't broke don't fix it". 0.3 rise seems hard to beat for a meal.

Are you trying to minimise a morning rise? I find eating breakfast or not makes very little difference to my second reading of the day. BG seems to want to go up after waking - and the rise varies a bit for no obvious reason - but then comes back down again. For me the benefit if IF is to reduce insulin resistance so only eat breakfast if I’m unusually hungry in the morning. Also find that I’m less hungry during the day when I skip breakfast.

Reactions: Freema and ziggy_w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you trying to minimise a morning rise? .
@Goonergal yes, in the past I have done an experiment with this and found no real difference in bg at 2 hours. I obviously want the most stable levels I can. The only other reason to eat breakfast is to get enough fibre.

Edited:
Half a toasted Lidl HP roll works well for that. I do add plenty of Chia seeds or flaxseed to salads. Hemsley sisters flaxseed bread is brilliant for fibre especially with lots of Epoisses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freema

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
A 8.7 fbg for me this morning. Not surprised as was awoken in pain. First disturbed sleep I've had for a few days. Well 3-4hrs to nearly 6 has been welcomed. But only 5 disturbed ones last night. :(
I can only fantasize about undisturbed sleep at mo.
Well at least my dreams are not unrealistic. Ha ha
Wish all my dreams were. ;)
Sympathy and empathy ickihun. 8.6fbs for me this morning after a totally sleepless night full of dreadful pain.:arghh: Rang the hospital again this morning to see if the results of my pelvic xray on 30th Jan. had arrived. They had finally been commented on but was told I would have to wait until my MRI scan results were back then I would be able to see the consultant who requested them to discuss both. She said MRI scan results are taking 4 to 6 weeks! I've been struggling for 81/2 months now but the pain is getting worse and becoming disabling. I hope you and me both have a better night tonight. Best wishes.:)

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Glad they are taking care of you,hope you heal quickly now.
@Glenmac Thank you it's a bit of a journey we are both on with our healing process but I'm sure we will both get there in the end,hope you now have your wheelchair to help you get around better and the next 6 weeks fly by for you. Hopefully by then you should not be much longer before they remove your cast and a speedy recovery is wished you too! K

Reactions: Goacher55

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
[QUOTE="Granny_grump_, post: 1719587, member: 282121doctors tomorrow and district nurse again Monday so quite a busy week ahead but needs must! K
@Granny_grump_ After reading you post and the kind words to glenmac I am full of admiration for your kindness and attitude. Hope all goes well and there is no negative impact on your diabetes.[/QUOTE]
@ianpspurs Thank you I have found on this forum many nice people and giving a moment to express a little thought and kindness goes a long way, and you will find like minded people on here helpful and kind and supportive,for myself I've enjoyed getting to share things with others very therapeutic. Its just a few moments out of my day but the rewards are good and I'm of the generation that where brought up by parents who always said treat people has you would like to be treated and you won't go far wrong in this world. I have never forgotten this! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
What are all the thread postings about from koobeebo00 seems to be strange they are all to universities,anyone else received them appears to be around 90 of them! K

Reactions: Freema

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Me and my smallish BG are starting the day with a smile, not a perfect number but we'll happily accept 5.8 for International Women's Day.
international_womens_day.jpg

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a mad few days with work...up at 3am yesterday...on the road by 05:45...lots of eating on the run...the last few days woke to 5.6's...this morning another 5.6...since I've been eating on the run...not too bad...shattered last night...had a good sleep...just looking forward to a day at home...before the next round of work begins!

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A 8.7 fbg for me this morning. Not surprised as was awoken in pain. First disturbed sleep I've had for a few days. Well 3-4hrs to nearly 6 has been welcomed. But only 5 disturbed ones last night. :(
I can only fantasize about undisturbed sleep at mo.
Well at least my dreams are not unrealistic. Ha ha
Wish all my dreams were. ;)

How are you now dear ? Send you my love and best wishes ? So much you have to struggle with it is so sad

Reactions: ziggy_w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this morning so my fbgs mirror my football team in being out of the Champions League. Fitbit shows lots more mins awake compared to the last 2 nights and about 80 mins less sleep. Amazing what affects fbgs. Also clear that if this has always been the case work was bad for my bg levels. @Goonergal consistently good levels providing me with a nice challenge thanks for that and for all the other sub 5 and sub 4 members. I may have become too complacent without this thread.

Edit
sun corrected to sub and ay to may

Last edited:

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning....7.6!
Had a very eventful day yesterday......a bad fall in our kitchen resulting in two fractures,right leg.Fell at 3.15, long wait for ambulance,even though I'd been lying on the floor for some time and was very shocked and cold when I could raise the alarm.We arrived home at 10 pm,with a pair of crutches and a plaster cast from toes to knee.I'm not able to use the crutches because of all over soreness and the weight of the cast so I'm in bed today, feeling sorry for myself!:(

It is terrible for you hope you are not in High pain levels , How do you feel today ?