What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, after a couple of mid-five readings on my work trip with its erratic eating patterns back down to 4.8 this morning. Dismayed to remember that I have another formal meeting today so can’t dress down in anticipation of the warm weather.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all, splendidly bright, sunny and inviting it is too. I'll go with 5.1 today having rejected a 4.7 as merely to inflate my ego! It is my wife's birthday today and a (huge?) 8 course meal arranged by 2 of our sons so tomorrow's fbg my need to be redacted.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good morening all. For those approaching 3rd childhood it looks to be a good day for skateboarding.
A 6.7 from me this morning.
Where's my mates chaos and mayhem we have plots to hatch...

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 today after sampling both Malbec and Pinotage last night.

@ianpspurs hope you have a super evening out. As it’s a tasting menu all the courses will be tiny so hopefully won’t derail you too much.
And there is wine with each course, of course...and we know how good that is for fbg. You will just have to make sure you drink enough!

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
morning everyone, a quite unbelievable 17.3!!!! But I did have a big hypo at 3am, and I overcompensated for it in my daze! And to top it off I feel like a zombie this morning (my fault tho, over doing it) on a brighter note training is going well.
Take care everyone.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
morning everyone, a quite unbelievable 17.3!!!! But I did have a big hypo at 3am, and I overcompensated for it in my daze! And to top it off I feel like a zombie this morning (my fault tho, over doing it) on a brighter note training is going well.
Take care everyone.

I did exactly the same as you and over compensated with Lucozade went from hypo to hyper

Hypo made me panic that day and I drank more than I needed to

I hope that your sugars stabilise for the rest of today

Take care @johnpol

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I did exactly the same as you and over compensated with Lucozade went from hypo to hyper

Hypo made me panic that day and I drank more than I needed to

I hope that your sugars stabilise for the rest of today

Take care @johnpol
Thank you, it was a bit of an over sight on my part, more not concentrating and using a large bottle of Lucozade and drank half of it before I realised!!! Doing adjustment doses of insulin now and its starting to come down now, but sleepy hypos are a ****** fro me!! much prefer daytime ones, couple of sweets and way you go, actually none would be better.
Take care @Cumberland

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
And there is wine with each course, of course...and we know how good that is for fbg. You will just have to make sure you drink enough!
Not really an option as I have to drive. The area is infamous for drains - up to 60 feet deep with sheer sides - which regularly claim lives of people with no respect for where they are. Much of where we live is barely at sea level!

Reactions: DJC3