What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
8.8 today so does none of you eat supper and if you do what do you eat?

Hi Patsy, I have never eaten supper or snacks, I'm just a 3 meals a day girl .

Morning all, 3.1 this morning, but hey, the sun's out :)

Reactions: 6 people

Evelynross

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I eat supper, my BG was 9.7, can't get it under 9. It's been three weeks, started serious lchf ystrdy so ill have to be a bit patient?

Reactions: 2 people

Sibyl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4.4 this morning. I'm type 1 and seem to have the insulin dosage about right at the moment. I eat what I want and bolus for it. Though I normally don't eat high carbs - never have at home. Last night had some pals over for supper. Roast chicken etc (and yes i did have a roast spud!) and vanilla cheesecake and raspberries for dessert. All this washed down with a gin and slim and 1/2 bottle of white wine! Bedtime BG was 7.4 and wasn't sure that this was high enough with the alcohol so had a digestive. Woke up with normal 4. something. I can see from this thread just how frustrating it must be to be type 2 and struggling with high figures. I moan about having to inject the insulin but at least I can force my numbers down. Diabetes is a real challenge right across the board. Most of our knowledge is self taught through trial and error. Stick with it guys!;)

Reactions: 4 people

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
4.8 mmol this morning , this cooler weather is pure heaven !

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning 5.2 :)

@ PatsyB . If I feel like something for supper I will have some low carb baking or in the case of last night low carb cheesecake.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
6.8 this morning and had a tomato sarny for supper..... guess I shall have to start baking some low carb goodies for supper..have a great day everyone....waves:)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
6.8 this morning and had a tomato sarny for supper..... guess I shall have to start baking some low carb goodies for supper..have a great day everyone....waves:)

Hi Patsy, I am not derailing.....................but, try tomatoes, cut in half, sprinkled with cheese and grill :)