What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Reactions: ziggy_w and flexi06

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all- woke with a stinking headache today - tried going back to sleep- didn’t help and woke with it again-tablets now. Anyhooo it was 5.8 - probably due to a VERY LOW LEVEL of steps yesterday- researching carb flu today. Benn feeling pretty rough for ages now, had a small bag of Milky Way stars and felt almost instantly better yesterday ( and today, despite the headache) .....dilemma. Good luck with tests @alf_Josiah and good day all

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

Yesterday, we had loads of rain. The city was under water. The shopping mall flooded, the roof of a gas station collapsed and up to a meter of water in the streets downtown. There were no trains running between my place of work and where I live, so my husband had to go and get me. (Really empathizing with the people who live in the lower parts of the city.)

@DJC3 -- Thanks for your kind words. I am trying to hang in there. Just another five weeks of classes followed by three weeks of final exams and things will get better. Your blood sugars have really dropped noticeably -- doesn't it feel as if it goes in stages? Actually, I get close to 6, too, if I eat more (especially protein) and don't work out -- so I figre this is pretty normal on a low carb diet. So, if I want to stay around 5 nowadays (used to be easier a year ago), I generally have a relatively big breakfast, and a very light dinner, about an hour of strenuous walking to the train station and back (or on days when I am not working half an hour on the ellipsis machine).

Blood sugars were 4.6 this morning.

Edited for grammar.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 on the prickometer this morning.
Taking the grandchildren home today so a good nights sleep is now firmly on the cards for tonight.

Have a great day if you can, smile, try hard not to be too serious, it’s only life :):woot::***::cool::D:sorry::eek::smug: