What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just test at the times I would have been eating before I started IF. So I test on waking and then at 8am ish for non-breakfast (and 2 hours later) and 12.30 ish for non-lunch (and 2 hours later). Then if I do exercise other than general walking about (gym, Pilates, long brisk walk), I test before and after that.
Thnaks @Goonergal. That is a very rigorous testing regime. Just out of interest, do you ever see a difference between non breakfast and lunch and 2 hours after?

Reactions: flexi06

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thnaks @Goonergal. That is a very rigorous testing regime. Just out of interest, do you ever see a difference between non breakfast and lunch and 2 hours after?

Usually I drop all day after non-breakfast when OMAD. Pre-dinner is lowest (and also usually is when eating lunch). However post-dinner on OMAD is often higher than expected - I think liver starts to dump. Today for example, 3.8 before dinner and 5.1 after despite only 7g carbs. It all seems to average out - my monthly average has barely moved since October last year despite some temporary fluctuations.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A very acceptable 5.3 today.
Wasn’t sure how I’d react after takeaway curry last night, it’s my daughter’s local and not one I’ve used since I’ve started testing my bg. I know what to choose at my regular place but each curry house has it’s own variations. The saag paneer was amazing.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.8 for me have a great day all
FB_IMG_1522317981805.jpg