What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A bright sunny morning greeted me today for my birthday and A1C day. I have a nasty feeling my lab results will make my postings present me as some kind of serial fantasist but honestly guv they are real. 4.5 today and my overall average for this period is at my own target so naturally the actual results will be worse. Have a great day.

Happy birthday!

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Night all I think I had a hypo earlier can’t be 100% due to not having my meter on hand but I felt sweaty,weak and tired also after I had a high carb meal of a pot noodle I felt a lot better

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 today
Woken up to a very quiet and strange house today as our dog Tilly died yesterday. She wasn’t very big but somehow filled the house with her presence.

@ianpspurs Ive left belated birthday greetings on the food thread but I hope you had a good day, it certainly sounds as if you did.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.4 today
Woken up to a very quiet and strange house today as our dog Tilly died yesterday. She wasn’t very big but somehow filled the house with her presence.

@ianpspurs Ive left belated birthday greetings on the food thread but I hope you had a good day, it certainly sounds as if you did.
Sorry to hear about your dog pets are like family members x

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
5.4 today

Sorry for your loss if my dog died I’d be heartbroken ( that’s him in the picture btw )

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and a special mention to all those who have lost loved ones.

A 5.8 for me this morning.

Today is my music lesson 3/4 hour of cruelty inflicted on my music teacher, wrong notes, wrong tempo, wrong key and that's the starters. I love it hehehehe
Has a good day folks I'm aiming to.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, a very baffling 10.2 this morning, can't explain it as nothing has changed, trained, supper tested before and after training 5.8, then supper of eggs and bacon, bed time readings of 6, ah well the vagaries of diabetes I suppose.

@DJC3 I am sorry for your loss, I know how it feels, so sorry.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning all, a very baffling 10.2 this morning, can't explain it as nothing has changed, trained, supper tested before and after training 5.8, then supper of eggs and bacon, bed time readings of 6, ah well the vagaries of diabetes I suppose.

@DJC3 I am sorry for your loss, I know how it feels, so sorry.
Could it be dawn phenomenon?

Reactions: flexi06

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Could it be dawn phenomenon?
I don't think so, as I have had "normal" sugars in the morning, but I'm at a loss at the minute. I have my annual review later this month (I think) so I will be asking some questions.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 today

Sorry to hear that DJC3 XX