What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 today. Yay. The chaos is over for a bit perhaps.
I’m learning to become philosophical about the morning result. It was 7.3 yesterday but even if that were the new normal it would convert to 44 Hba1C which is much better than diagnosis and bob on my most recent test. I know overall I’m doing better than that.
My scars from the weekend were just superficial and by yesterday had healed enough not to be noticeable.
The sun is still shining. Happy days.
I order a round of whatever that man is drinking - make it doubles:angelic:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Goodnight all 8.2 tonight not bad considering I had a crisp sandwich though I have suspicions that dairy and bread no longer agree with me. My mum rung Newcastle freeman’s hospital where I go for transplant clinic and they say it’s likely to be irritable bowel syndrome still waiting for my results but all I can do for the moment is cut out bread and dairy also I have been taken off one of my transplant medications called MMF aka cellcept as it can 1 kill the bowel and 2 make irritable bowel worse anyway have a good night everyone

Hope that coming off the MMF helps Ziggy. If they’re known to cause the side effects you’re experiencing it seems quite likely. Also cutting out the bread and dairy - attacking the problem form all directions, fingers crossed you start to feel better soon.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6'2 this morning after a diagnoses of shingles yesterday. OUCH!. Does that effect your numbers? In the high 5's as a rule but I'm still ok with that.

Ouch @Moggely shingles is horrible, and yes it’s bound to bring your numbers up. Hope it clears up soon.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Back home and 5.3 this morning. ...my previous 2 days at my sisters dealing with a family crisis were both 6.2. Have a great day all .
@OrsonKartt Hug is for the family crisis and the impact on fbgs not today's number. @Moggely shingles is bound to impact negatively on bg. I often find rising bg is a lead indicator of illness coming.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @rhubarb73 glad you’re back in the zone mentally, physically and diabetically.
@ianpspurs there seems a lot going on in your family life at the mo, could that be causing your ( very) slight upward trend over the last day or 2? I can heartily recommend grandaughters - the joys of my life.

Reactions: Cumberland

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all a thoroughly confusing 5.2 today, especially considering the stressful situation of dealing with a severely stressed Bulldog and clearing her airways. At least she's ok now, me on the other hand is a bag of nerves and Betty (the bulldog) is just not bothered!!!!!

Take care everyone.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 Naturally I will be delighted when the girls arrive healthy and mum's both ok BUT we really need another boy/more boys.:angelic:

I guarantee you will fall in love as soon as they arrive. It sounds like you have boys aplenty.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I guarantee you will fall in love as soon as they arrive. It sounds like you have boys aplenty.
@DJC3 One can never have enough boys:) Guess I will feel some kind of bond with the girls but I will never live long enough to have a clue what the hell goes on inside a female mind:angelic:

Reactions: DJC3

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are looking forward to supersonic flight again.

Well a gentle 6.8 for me this morning. Yesterday I had a pre lunch reading of below 5 and seeing as I had to drive I was not a very happy chappy.

Well folks have a good day may the deity of diabetes be kind to you all, me I say stuff all that clap trap, throw caution to the wind and take it to the limit one more time. hehehehe. Enjoy your day.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Hope that coming off the MMF helps Ziggy. If they’re known to cause the side effects you’re experiencing it seems quite likely. Also cutting out the bread and dairy - attacking the problem form all directions, fingers crossed you start to feel better soon.
@DJC3 yep hopefully it will help

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
, me I say stuff all that clap trap, throw caution to the wind and take it to the limit one more time. hehehehe. Enjoy your day.
@alf_Josiah Don Henley (on Thames) and Glenn Frey (ed at the edges) would be proud to be quoted - this being a family show I can't tell ya what Mr Meisner would be up to:angelic: @DJC3 re my lack of understanding of female minds - who the hell thought cupcakes were suitable for humans?:arghh: