What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all soap box derby pilots, it should be riders, but the racers will spend so much time in the air pilots is more correct.
A 7.4 for me this morning.

Well folks have a good day. Another day today chasing my are*e.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just been on the Spirit Health website and seen a message saying Tee 2 test strips out of stock. Anyone else see similar or know if this is temporary or a more serious issue?
@alf_Josiah "Another day today chasing my are*e" Whatever it is you are chasing I hope you catch it and it is not contagious:angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: Cumberland

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
ive said it b4 cumbs i feel great in the 6-8 range not so good in the 4-5s especially when im working so to me 7 is a winning number xxalso i dont drive very often but you need to be over 5 so these guide lines are not good are they ;)

If you inject insulin T1 or T2 then yes according to the DVLA you have to be 5.0 minimum before you get behind the wheel of a car and drive

If you are 4.9 then you are breaking the law

I’m happy between 6-8.5 to be honest

I don’t get hysterical in that range either

You are spot on Karen

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you inject insulin T1 or T2 then yes according to the DVLA you have to be 5.0 minimum before you get behind the wheel of a car and drive

If you are 4.9 then you are breaking the law

I’m happy between 6-8.5 to be honest

I don’t get hysterical in that range either

You are spot on Karen
you say the nicest things cumbs ;)

Reactions: Cumberland

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Goodnight all 8.2 tonight not bad considering I had a crisp sandwich though I have suspicions that dairy and bread no longer agree with me. My mum rung Newcastle freeman’s hospital where I go for transplant clinic and they say it’s likely to be irritable bowel syndrome still waiting for my results but all I can do for the moment is cut out bread and dairy also I have been taken off one of my transplant medications called MMF aka cellcept as it can 1 kill the bowel and 2 make irritable bowel worse anyway have a good night everyone

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. All a little suboptimal in my world where diabetes is concerned. 5.3 today so nudging up in .1 increments. Possibly linked to a trend of uncalled for waking up at 5.15 when Mrs P has a sleep pattern involving tv watching in bedroom until 11.30. This is ok just now as her chickens need letting out and her flowers watering but won't please me one bit when I am already hugely dischuffed by having to wear socks, long trousers and jumpers again.:arghh:
Cheery little soul ain't I? Youngest son becomes a home owner today and the 2 granddaughters due (other 2 sons) anytime - so call it a draw.:angelic:

Last edited:

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
5.8 today. Yay. The chaos is over for a bit perhaps.
I’m learning to become philosophical about the morning result. It was 7.3 yesterday but even if that were the new normal it would convert to 44 Hba1C which is much better than diagnosis and bob on my most recent test. I know overall I’m doing better than that.
My scars from the weekend were just superficial and by yesterday had healed enough not to be noticeable.
The sun is still shining. Happy days.