What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Although its a long day in A&E, at least when they do all the tests, you have some reassurance that there is noting more serious wrong. I hope you start to pickup soon.
Yeah hopefully the antibiotics will help

Reactions: Cumberland

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Hi all

A very time poor Diabetic nurse spent 2 of our 4 mins yearly review time trying to "sell" me statins.

She wasn't able to give me a print out of my numbers so no meaningful discussion could take place. After I was able to obtain a copy from reception

Shame I couldnt have a proper discussion with anyone from the NHS but any thoughts would be welcome.
Cholestrol is my blind spot - sorry
Can I borrow your serum ALT levels though, I’ve worked myself down from 216 to 56 but would love a score of 18. Sadly there are other things I love, that I probably should love a bit less.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Hi everyone the GP didn’t want to come and see me as he said he would probably send me to A&E anyway so my mum and I went to A&E thankfully everything is ok and the drs said it’s probably a viral infection so I just need to take my antibiotics drink a lot and persevere with it

Ziggy - I’m sure you don’t feel it right now, but you’re stronger than all of us. We all just want you to feel better- hang in there kid, it will pass.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
@Debandez - how many people are attending the event (roughly).
I think my real world T2 blog should reference it that weekend and what it is trying to achieve.
My surge into “remission” is getting some attention so I want to catch the momentum while I can.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Ziggy - I’m sure you don’t feel it right now, but you’re stronger than all of us. We all just want you to feel better- hang in there kid, it will pass.
Thanks rhubarb your right about not feeling too strong lol hopefully a good nights sleep will help :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.4 for me have a great day thank god its friday
IMG_20170929_062630_536.jpg

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

A very time poor Diabetic nurse spent 2 of our 4 mins yearly review time trying to "sell" me statins.

She wasn't able to give me a print out of my numbers so no meaningful discussion could take place. After I was able to obtain a copy from reception

Shame I couldnt have a proper discussion with anyone from the NHS but any thoughts would be welcome.
Hi sorry that they did the statins sell I get it but my cholesterol is much higher than yours. Main issue with results is no trigs recorded so not a full lipid panel so not quite enough info. Only thing I notice about your cholesterol is that you could work on getting HDL a bit higher rather than taking statins! I’d aim to up my healthy fats known to up HDL olive oil, nuts, oily fish etc I also believe in green tea and glass of red read the cholesterol chapter of the pioppi diet by Dr. Malhotra or something on line eg
https://www.dietdoctor.com/worry-high-cholesterol
You probably had but just wanted to reassure you too and suggest you read around things there’s lots about cholesterol on the forum type in search and have a good read but I’d want a full lipid fasting panel before I considered taking statins! Talking of which I’m still awaiting my own results