What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
A belated good morning every one, 9.8 today I have had a very stressful weekend, as I had to say goodbye to one of my dogs on Friday, Princess Betty, and then have to be up through the night to treat my other dog who has Aspirational pneumonia, so to say I have neglected my diabetes is true and I offer no excuses. But we managed to treat him and he's still with us so I will get back on the horse now.

Take care everyone.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
A belated good morning every one, 9.8 today I have had a very stressful weekend, as I had to say goodbye to one of my dogs on Friday, Princess Betty, and then have to be up through the night to treat my other dog who has Aspirational pneumonia, so to say I have neglected my diabetes is true and I offer no excuses. But we managed to treat him and he's still with us so I will get back on the horse now.

Take care everyone.

I’m sorry to read this. Never easy to say goodbye to a much loved pet

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Night all 7.2 tonight don’t know what’s going on stomach pain disapered for a little while it’s back but not as bad could also be due to antibiotics (took my last one tonight thank God) but not at myself tonight headache stomach pain and back pain (my dad blames the back pain on my posture but my dexa scan showed my bones are little bit weak so I’m on a tablet for my bones (I don’t drink milk or eat cheese or yogurt very often) anyway have a good nights sleep everyone

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1

Take care everyone.
Sorry for your loss.

Reactions: Goacher55

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all, Its lovely to all you guys wishing each other a good night. I only check in once or twice a day but this site has so many things going for it its amazing.

Anyhow this mornings reading is 5.3

Have a great day all - if you possibly can - its a little brisk here but the sky is as blue as can be.

Last edited:

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, thank you for your thoughts about Betty, the bulldog, it was the hardest thing I've had to do. A 8.2 this morning so I will see which way it wants to go today as I was in the high 20's most of the day yesterday, stress is a wonderful thing (no it's not I feel like I'm falling apart) but today is another day.

Take care everyone.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
5.5 this morning.
Yesterday’s guilty holiday pleasure was a slice of fresh sour dough bread. It was absolutely delicious with a selection of cheese bought from the deli, a little apricot and ginger chutney, and a crunchy pepper salad.
I felt sure it would spike me as I’ve barely touched bread in 3 months since a small wrap took me back to diagnosis levels of BG.
But I got away with a post-p score of 6.8. Maybe it was the glass of wine I had with it?

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Take care everyone.

Big hugs john

Reactions: Goacher55

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all - fantastic sunny day here. No fbg to report as awaiting strips for Tee 2 meter and the Caresens dual seems to have confused bg with keytones - crazy levels for both. For some time I have been ruing throwing away so many other meters and sticking with Tee 2. Seems whatever I used before produced closer match to Hba1c test. Any recommendations for meters with reasonably priced strips as either a replacement or calibration? In all my notes I have forgotten to record changeover dates and makes of previous meters,:arghh: