What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. 5.8 first thing. Rain here, but hoping for a break to do my walk. Still no alternator for my van, hoping it will come today. Hope everyone is well, have a good day.
Hug for the alternator issue bg level is good..

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@ianpspurs Well I have been thinking of buying a GlucoRx HCT that measures blood glucose levels, ketone, and haematocrit but the strips are £15 + for 50. I also use the Codefree which is a cheap basic meter I also have an Accu-chek mobile but thats not cheap as you probably know.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who will be trimming their bushes today........ don't forget to recycle the clippings.

An unsurprising 7.5 for me this morning, after 2 days of hospital visits a little treat was consumed hehehe.

Well folks it's only Wednesday in Reading, I'm not sure what it is where you live, but remember this is the only chance you have, so throw caution to the wind and go for it, whatever it is.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

slept a bit later today and woke up feeling groggy, it's a bit overcast here but never mind, a quick walk will probably blow the cobwebs away ;)
After getting mum's and our banking business and shopping done yesterday it had got really warm here so I managed to get in a quick evening walk whilst it was still 18'C, very enjoyable.

Hope your day is a good one :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.3 at 0800 better than yesterday but still not good. Cloudy in West Sussex but supposed to break through later. Filling the fridge and freezer with meals foe family off to Kent again on Fri for friends chemo 3/6 so over the hump after this one.
@johnpol sorry to hear about your dear Betty. Our animals can mean as much or more than family. I am sure she had a great life and knew she was very loved.
Have a good day everyone.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@johnpol very sorry to hear about your loss pets are very precious
@PenguinMum hope your plans go well - I’m filling freezer today too ready for family party on Sunday as OH hits 65 - a milestone.
@Goonergal hope you have some good days out during your break from work.

Bg 4.7 today hope everyone has a good Wednesday whatever your plans

Last edited:

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
A belated good morning every one, 9.8 today I have had a very stressful weekend, as I had to say goodbye to one of my dogs on Friday, Princess Betty, and then have to be up through the night to treat my other dog who has Aspirational pneumonia, so to say I have neglected my diabetes is true and I offer no excuses. But we managed to treat him and he's still with us so I will get back on the horse now.

Take care everyone.

Oh my goodness, hugs.. our eldest springer who is 15 had a stroke recently our youngest cocker was amazing throughout a proper little nurse. Thinking about you x

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning everyone woke up feeling a bit low but according to my meter I’m 4.7 not doing much today my mum is going out to get the dreaded school uniforms for my brothers and I will be waiting for a couple of packages (one my dads new shoes and the other is a mustard fur coat for me for the autumn/winter) have a good day everyone:)

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
5.7 this morning.
Forgive me for I have sinned: Yesterday I shared a Cornish pasty with Mrs Rhubarb.
The steak filling was delicious but I didn’t really enjoy the pastry bit.
No big spike afterwards (only went up to 7.3; my melon, yoghurt and strawberry breakfast on Sunday delivered an 8.4!)
Enjoy your day everyone.
@rhubarb73 i had a slice of cottage pie last night I went from 5.5 to 6.7 don’t know how BG stayed that good btw God will forgive you for having a Cornish pasty :angelic:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A belated good morning every one, 9.8 today I have had a very stressful weekend, as I had to say goodbye to one of my dogs on Friday, Princess Betty, and then have to be up through the night to treat my other dog who has Aspirational pneumonia, so to say I have neglected my diabetes is true and I offer no excuses. But we managed to treat him and he's still with us so I will get back on the horse now.

Take care everyone.

I’m so sorry to read this @johnpol I know how much it hurts - we lost our beloved little terrier a few weeks ago. My daughter said she felt guilty as the pain was worse than when we’d lost family members - but nothing and noone gives you unconditional love like a dog. Sending a virtual hug your way.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
I’m so sorry to read this @johnpol I know how much it hurts - we lost our beloved little terrier a few weeks ago. My daughter said she felt guilty as the pain was worse than when we’d lost family members - but nothing and noone gives you unconditional love like a dog. Sending a virtual hug your way.
@DJC3 definitely hard to get over the loss of a pet my aunt had a Maltese called Angel I had a very special connection to Angel when I was sick with pulmonary hypertension she would lie on the sofa beside me and she would even go to sleep when I feel asleep on the sofa. A couple of years ago I suffered with anorexia my brothers and I stayed at my aunts house for a couple of days as my mum and dad were going to Rome for my mums birthday. Just being around Angel made my mood better and made me start eating properly sadly Angel was not very well at this point and would yelp if she was picked up unfortunately Angel had a tumour on the end of her spine and she was too small to operate on :( so my aunt and uncle had her put to sleep the day she was diagnosed R.I.P Angel R.I.P Betty and R.I.P Tilly

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 definitely hard to get over the loss of a pet my aunt had a Maltese called Angel I had a very special connection to Angel when I was sick with pulmonary hypertension she would lie on the sofa beside me and she would even go to sleep when I feel asleep on the sofa. A couple of years ago I suffered with anorexia my brothers and I stayed at my aunts house for a couple of days as my mum and dad were going to Rome for my mums birthday. Just being around Angel made my mood better and made me start eating properly sadly Angel was not very well at this point and would yelp if she was picked up unfortunately Angel had a tumour on the end of her spine and she was too small to operate on :( so my aunt and uncle had her put to sleep the day she was diagnosed R.I.P Angel R.I.P Betty and R.I.P terrier

Its so strange how dogs know when we’re ill isn’t it? Tilly helped me get through cancer last year, just by being there and offering her silky ears for a stroke. Very therapeutic.

Reactions: alf_Josiah