1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by NewdestinyX, Jun 30, 2011.

1. ladybird64

ladybird64 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

10.2 :( Not the best way to start the day.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sue o2

Sue o2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I was 5.4 this morning, im usually in the 5's, sometimes get a 4.4, but thats not often :D

Sue

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. viviennem

viviennem Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I was 5.0 at 08:30 this morning. I haven't been above 6.0 for the last 2 months, which I'm very pleased with.

Viv 8)

Type 2

• Like Like x 2
  4. ebony321

ebony321 · Well-Known Member

Mine was 6.4 this morning, and was 6.4 at dinner too. creeeepy. if it's the same at tea i will be like this :shock:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Pneu

Pneu · Well-Known Member

Its odd when you get days like that..

• Like Like x 1
  6. AliB

AliB Type 2 · Well-Known Member

4.7 :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. ebony321

the most i've had was three 7.8's in a row... It's really is odd when it happens, i'm tempted to test now to see but i think i will jinx myself so will report back later after teatime :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. 1970clea

1970clea · Member

5.3 this morning. Usually somewhere between 5 and 6, although I briefly visited the 4's when they changed my Metformin to SR. Only lasted about 4-5 days before going back to the 5's though so I guess this is where my body wants to be... :roll:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sanober

Sanober · Well-Known Member

10.3 at 6.45am :(

I've only been testing for just about 2 weeks. I was denied a meter/strips and discouraged from testing ! No medication (yet, but will be I'm told) still waiting to attend DESMOND.

i had 2 Ryvita with cheese and 2 digestives at 10pm.

This is the highest morning reading yet.

I'm discovering that I can't even eat a little something 9- 10pm anymore with my readings being about min 7.5 and 9.5 in the mornings :cry: I have no clue what to do as I'm sometimes at the gym so don't get home until 8.30pm...

• Like Like x 1
  10. ebony321

Maybe replace some of the carby foods for something carb free? meat and cheese maybe? meat and cheese on the ryvita instead of the digestives?

Don't beat yourself up with readings that are higher than you'd like, as your new to testing it will take you a little time to find out what works for you.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Sanober

Sanober · Well-Known Member

Thanks Ebony, you're very kind.

I'm going to experiment with the meat/cheese thing- I've had literally one mini baby bell tonight so will see.

Work in progress eh.

12. NewdestinyX

NewdestinyX · Well-Known Member

WOW!! This thread really took off since I started it. I had a feeling it would. It's worked pretty well at a couple of other forums I frequent. At least one place we can all stop into in the morning and say hi - and report our number and a small thought as to why maybe we got a number higher or lower than we wanted.

I was a 5.6 again this am. I've moved to taking my Lantus at night and hoping it brings this even lower..

Thanks for participating all! :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. daisy1

daisy1 Type 2 · Legend
    Retired Moderator

Hi Grant - this thread's really getting people together :)
    This morning I remembered to test before my first cup of coffee, but like yesterday was 6.4 again. I am not happy with this as I'm nearly always in the 5s and occasionally lower. I am now looking for the cause but already have my suspicions.

You seem to be in a different time zone - are you outside the UK? Oz maybe?

14. Wendywu

Wendywu · Active Member

Today was 6.7 but yesterday I got my HbAc1 result of 6.3 which is not too shabby. I'd like to bring it down into the 5's for next time though!

• Like Like x 1
  15. ClaireG 06

ClaireG 06 · Well-Known Member

9.3 this morning. I know this is high but it's much better than it has been.

• Like Like x 1
  16. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

6.4 today but expected this to be a little higher, out with family last night at a Indian Restaurant and didn't get back in till after midnight.

Nigel

• Like Like x 1
  17. clearviews

clearviews · Well-Known Member

4.2. I only test every so often as the highest I have had in months has been a 5.3.

18. kjt57

kjt57 · Well-Known Member

Did not test this morning but yesterday was 5.8 had a small cheese omlette and coffee, after 1 hour was 4.8 after 2 hours was 5.5. Quite happy with these....

• Like Like x 1
  19. RussG

RussG · Well-Known Member

7.1 this morning. Bit disappointed as I've been heading lower for a few days after having having moved over to Levemir a couple of weeks ago. Will keep tweaking the dose.

• Like Like x 1
  20. josie38

josie38 · Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I am going to advise that this thread is not for the faint-hearted. If you feel you can post your morning BS then feel free but do not lets turn this into members feeling bad because they dont achieve similar figures and not "having a go" because we all work at different levels and what works for you may not work for someone else.

PLEASE remember that it is about just keeping in touch...... not comparing!

Josie

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook