What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs to you. I hate stress, especially when it is brought on unnecessarily by things that should be working FOR us, not against us.
Thanks Saskia for the hugs. I hope you managed to sort out things with your bank - again people who sometimes forget they work for their customers. No I refuse to turn into a grouch....no it will stop now!

Reactions: Cumberland

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love the pictures! He is a darling boy.

(Now need pics of the cat too, please. :) )
Saskia you know how co-operative cats are...I did my best...this is Churchill in his favourite place...on the radiator cover

IMG_0248 (1).JPG

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Thanks Ian I was as mad as a hatter yesterday. You have to ask are they really saving money since all they did was repeat the retinopathy test of last June but I still have eyes that are blurry and a prescription that changed in a few weeks. I think the NHS are wonderful, just not on this occasion. Oh well back to the optician.

Sadly from my experience the Nhs is now a brand name

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all,

5.3 for me.

Still very cold here, it's currently -19 celcius (-2 fahrenheit) with a wind chill of -26 celcius (-15 f). We've been having our taps drip for 3 days and nights to prevent frozen pipes.) Our above ground light rail transit line here has been out of commission for 3 days since the extreme cold started and our streetcars have been breaking down for the same reason (underground/subway is still running). :(

This cold is supposed to shift westward and we supposed to get a thaw by Monday.

Mmhh...just wonder, if any ones seen Dennis quaid, around the neighbourhood. o_O

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 this morning
2.2 on my Friday ketones
All good.
Where did February come from? I’m delighted as spring crawls slightly nearer. I’m not impressed by last nights snow fall which as I’m expecting weekend visitors from South Wales hopefully won’t disrupt plans. Apart from wanting to see everyone we are having a late Christmas family get together as well as celebrating eldest sons birthday so crossing fingers and toes that it improves I have lots of food in!
Have a great Friday all - your numbers are incredible @Goonergal pleased carnivory month paid off for you.
Stay safe and warm everyone.

Merry late Christmas (I'm dreaming of a not-white one for y'all) and a Happy Birthday to your son. Safe travels from Wales for everyone. Your avatar pic is lovely. :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all, 6.7 today and 6.4 yesterday. I'm feeling like mush. I think I've twisted my back and have a cold or some such thing. Am hoping thats why the higher than normal high readings ( for me). .... Good news is I'm catching up on all the truly excellent Netficks things and even discovering new TV channels. I havent done that in a very long time.... Stay warm all

Hugs, and hopes that you will soon feel much better!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in July 2018, and I perhaps have become a little obsessed about it. I test more than I perhaps should, since my blood glucose levels have pretty much stabilized. I know one reason I get very upset with a higher reading is when there's no reason for it. I didn't eat carbs or sugar, I'm not ill or stressed out, etc. I find an unexplained spike can really throw me off my day, because then I obsess about it.

We have a great hug icon and I wish we had a hug emoji as well. I feel a lot of empathy as well as sympathy for you about this because I get the same way about other things things that happen without any good reason. I was so stressed out last night/before dawn this morning when the bank phone system was down. It's still partly down, evidently, but at least I've been able to get my account update.

But since I'm not a technological entity, unlike a bank, I figure that up-and-down BG numbers are just something I can't calibrate for. I've learned a good deal about the workings of my body since being dx'd nearly a year ago, and the main thing I've learned is that we're a lot more complex organisms than anyone can even imagine.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've learned a good deal about the workings of my body since being dx'd nearly a year ago, and the main thing I've learned is that we are a LOT more complex than anyone would ever imagine..

Ain't that the truth...:bookworm:

Maybe, we should all be considering, that eating food nature provides, without chemicals or manufactured ingredients is as close as many of us will get, to treating our bodies like the temples, they SHOULD be...?

I mean no one ever goes to sea in a boat, that they intentionally damage themselves, before sailing..do they...:wideyed:

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not before, no ...

I do think, though, that since we've been on the boat for so long now (born aboard, like our parents and their parents before them), we've ceased to think of it as a boat and the voyage as a journey. I mean, look at how we try to trash the sea itself, as well as ourselves.

Oh, well, it wasn't God who said anything about getting back to the Garden.