What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Good morning all.
My fbg this morning 4.6
BP 109/70
HR 56
SpO2 95%

Was up early so thought would check every thing apart from ketones as am doing low carb as opposed to keto so would not expect them to be notable. :)

Just checked and was right ketones at a measly 0.3.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for reply.
Last night I was 6.8, it’s all new to me and to be honest It hasn’t really been explained to me by the doctors or nurses, the only thing I was told was to start dieting and watch my levels don’t drop below 4.4

I started off with aching muscles, legs etc and blurred vision in bright lights.
My muscles seem to be getting better but eyes still haven’t improved much, I had an eye test on Wednesday and optician couldn’t find anything wrong which is a bonus.

I suffer a lot with anxiety so will be really pleased if my eyes clear up.

Hi @Gav-wxm were those symptoms before diagnosis or since fasting? Are you drinking enough? Drink loads and add a pinch of sea salt every now and then.

I’m intrigued that your doc said don’t drop below 4.4 simply because it implies your doc knows you are self testing with a glucose meter? Most seem to think it unnecessary for T2 who aren’t on insulin so it sounds as if yours is one of the enlightened.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.2 today
A long bus ride for me this morning to Twickenham for a friend’s birthday bash. Thought I’d better not drive - It promises to be a boozy affair; the pub we are booked in for lunch sells 150 types of gin!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Morning all. 5.2 today
A long bus ride for me this morning to Twickenham for a friend’s birthday bash. Thought I’d better not drive - It promises to be a boozy affair; the pub we are booked in for lunch sells 150 types of gin!

Wow are you going to sample them all? ;)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Just remembered got blood test for annual review coming up Monday morning now if I can just remember what time I'm booked in.:angelic:

Edit for joke the predictive text made on my behalf .

Edit to correct my edit.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. Went out last night to the movies: Movie review for Capernaum - Find a cinema with comfy seats and go see it , everything the reviews say are true. ....... Anyhow had a meal afterwards..... very late to eat for me, about 9PM, so happy with a 5.4 on testing this morning.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, a straight 6.0 for me on the testing dice.
This weekend will mainly consist of rewiring eldest daughters upstairs lighting and power and then putting a floor down in her attic, at least it will keep me out of the pantry. Hope your weekends are more relaxed.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all struggled to wake this morning - after three consecutive early starts in gym last few days - I woke this morning to a 3.9! I usually only get that before dinner after long walk or similar before eating clearly exercise uses up my bg must do more!
Busy few days ahead so need to get that coffee bubbling have a good Saturday all

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can’t understand why they stopped making them in the UK. They always seemed to go very quickly.

Such a shame. Maybe we should start a petition!!! Change.org to create a debate in parliament!!! Haha.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Last night I was 6.8, it’s all new to me and to be honest It hasn’t really been explained to me by the doctors or nurses, the only thing I was told was to start dieting and watch my levels don’t drop below 4.4
Did your HCPs suggest which sorts of foods you eat when dieting? NHS standard advice is to continue eating starchy carbohydrates but in reduced quantities. But starchy carbohydrates like bread, potatoes, pasta and rice turn to sugar quickly in our bodies, so aren't good for Type 2 diabetics.
Many of the Type 2s on here have found that adopting a Low Carbohydrate High Fat (lchf) approach to eating has reduced our blood glucose levels.
It means avoiding or reducing as much as possible starchy carbs, and replacing the energy we would have got from them by increasing healthy fats like oily fish, high fat dairy products, olive oil, nuts and avocados.
Protein like meat and fish are good, so are eggs.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.2 today
~

Will you be posting tasting notes once you remember where you live?

Reactions: OrsonKartt and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.1 today getting ever close to McGarrett country. Had a scary moment last night after eating salt and pepper squid at the pub, 2 hours later shot up by 4 points on the meter. They didnt look or taste battered but there must have been some flour in there. @Debandez can you fill a suitcase with you know what?
@Cumberland great news about the puppy.
.@DJC3 sounds like heaven, steady she goes.
Have a great Saturday everyone. Those unwell take care. Everyone else stay well, stay safe.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...tired went to bed at 3am...up at 7:30 am...paperwork today cant delay it any longer...my car is back apparently the ABS couldn't track the position of my steering wheel...it's been recalibrated now...my mechanic gave me a blow by blow analysis of the fault...I nodded & smiled but had no idea what he was on about...lets hope he's right otherwise it may be a new sensor:nailbiting:...woke to a 5.8