What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Sco81

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
4.8 this morning. 5.2 afternoon.

Reactions: 7 people

davidcw47

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?

Reactions: 2 people

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
3.7 :eek:...after another reduction of slow acting insulin last night! I think it is time to see what happens if I don't take any short acting insulin at all after low carb breakkie...:nailbiting:

Reactions: 10 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Type 2 Newbie, no medication.
I am relatively new to the forum and welcome the advice regarding test times. I have been testing after having a shower etc, just before sitting down for my breakfast (usually porridge or Weetabix). This morning my BS was 8.1 but it is usually circa 7.5.
It would be useful to know if members are Type 1 or 2 and what medication they are taking, if any. Can you help, please?
Hi Dave,14, I am Type 2 welcome to the forum, best thing you will ever do by the way. I am on metformin 500mg 2 daily just changed last week to the SR ones. I think it is best if you do your BG readings in a morning before you have a shower or anything else. Others on here will tell you the same. Good luck:)

Reactions: 4 people

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
6.5 mmol. Statins to blame, started taking them again as I've got a cholesterol check coming up :-0

Reactions: 4 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
6.5 mmol. Statins to blame, started taking them again as I've got a cholesterol check coming up :-0
Stopped taking mine...when my doc saw my very good results...he just said well whatever your doing ...keep doing it

Reactions: 8 people

petepontiac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who criticise what they cant understand
Usually 5.3 to 5.7 every day, 16ml of Lantus before bed seems to be working

Reactions: 6 people

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Stopped taking mine...when my doc saw my very good results...he just said well whatever your doing ...keep doing it

Brilliant news. I 'm just trying to avoid another round of having to get blood tests every 1 to 2 months to monitor cholesterol :-0

Reactions: 6 people