What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

fobbletops

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
My normal since going on a low carb diet is about 5.6 but yesterday I had a visitor and we partook of too much(4 glasses) red wine and I also had a fruit salad dessert so 7.6 this am. I am back to my rigid low carb diet,though.I am not a big wine drinker and I don't usually have dessert so this was an occassion.

Reactions: 8 people

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
3.8 :D I've now reduced my background insulin 'a notch' to see if it has any negative effect..if not, hopefully another 'notch' in a few days time. Funny how I've started to like testing my blood..

Reactions: 6 people

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi mine was 8.9 did not have good sleep had coffe before I tested, do people recommend testing before coffee.
Hi Yes I would test before anything even a drink.:)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi all 5.4 last night 6.3 this morning, think I am coming down with yet another cold.:yuck:

Reactions: 2 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good morning, this is my first time posting as still trying to get to grips with things. Due to other health issues things have been a bit topsy tervy for me, thankfully the old dear who used to be a nurse, and a **** good cook keep's me in check - literally. Anyway she said to say I am averaging between 5 - 7 during the course of the week (depends if I get up and have a cheeky piece of fruit when she is asleep !!!! ). Hope to check in again soon, at the moment I feel positive and quite good with myself. Thanks old girl for you help.
Hi @grandadfroggy and welcome to the forum, and well done to your better half for keeping you in check. Readings of 5-7 are good.

Kyi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
HbA1c 9.1 19/2/16
Started testing BS yesterday.
7pm last food from yesterday pre food 7.1 9.20pm 8.5 12pm 8.6 3.20am 7.8 8.20am 9.2

Reactions: 4 people

Jeena

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

I'll start.

What about you?

William_48

Hi all, I'm "pre diabetic" or as I prefer to say "at risk of.." So I'm trying to lower my sugar in-take and measure in the morning for what I think is a fasting test. This morning I was 5.9. This may not be the right place, but is the case that in going to a low carb diet the body can retain blood glucose?

ggalek2951

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello mates,

I'll start.

What about you?
Mine is 6.2 I was diagnosed last June

Dave14

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Type 2 Newbie, no medication.
I am relatively new to the forum and welcome the advice regarding test times. I have been testing after having a shower etc, just before sitting down for my breakfast (usually porridge or Weetabix). This morning my BS was 8.1 but it is usually circa 7.5.
It would be useful to know if members are Type 1 or 2 and what medication they are taking, if any. Can you help, please?

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
8.8 today computer gone to repair man as not working and so using daughters lappy