What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

SRO

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Getting more consistent these days...12.9 this morning! Nearly at those single figures!

Reactions: 10 people

petepontiac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who criticise what they cant understand
Good morning hope you are all feeling fine. FBG @ 06:30 5.3

Reactions: 8 people

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
3.7 :eek:...after another reduction of slow acting insulin last night! I think it is time to see what happens if I don't take any short acting insulin at all after low carb breakkie...:nailbiting:
4.8 and that was after midnight snack or it would have been too low this morning. Yesterday's 'trial' didn't turn out quite satisfactory..bloods stayed just under eight until mid-day until I took more insulin to adjust it.
So...I'll be adjusting long lasting insulin again little lower again tonight..:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Stopped taking mine...when my doc saw my very good results...he just said well whatever your doing ...keep doing it

Would love to stop taking mine but have an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm that's going to need fixing soon so can't risk it at moment.

BG was 5.9 this morning

Reactions: 7 people

LucyM88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
BG this morning is 6.8
Better than the past couple of days, thought I was coming down with something.

Reactions: 9 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Would love to stop taking mine but have an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm that's going to need fixing soon so can't risk it at moment.

BG was 5.9 this morning
Completely understand,there are always things we need to consider,before we change meds etc,so here's to our futures,all goes well for you clive

Reactions: 2 people

DominicLaiYew

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list
Definitely on v.v. low carbs, started introducing >20g carbs at each meal, bloods went up from 5.1 to 7.1 so going back to no more than 15g carbs each meal see how that goes! (Even using wholemeal everything, brown rice 1/2 cup cooked made blood sugars rise, to point of bad foot pains again).
How do you stay full then? I mean there are only so much of vegetables & fruits that one can eat in a day..

Reactions: 2 people