What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All

First time here, so hope I am able to meet the required standards.

Ok, here is why I joined any advise welcomed.

My reading this morning 4.1, yesterday 5.2, last Sunday 19.7

In between been 11 to 14 generally.

I had hypos before, this morning I felt 1 coming on, but got some food down and feel ok. Question, is the above dangerous.. I mean very happy my sugars are just in normal, but should I rather try for top of normal? They have been high for years and h1ab2 has ranged from 80 to 41 over similar date range. The reason for the dramatic drop in just 1 week from 20 to 4 is known to me. I don’t want to pass on the info just yet as others may try to replicate and this maybe dangerous. It is nothing drastic, but rather I check the outcomes just in case.

As I say, looking to discuss.

Hello, and welcome, @ja1nuk . If you need info on standards required to post the forum ethos and rules are here.. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/community-ethos-forum-rules.50278/
I think you are setting us an impossible task wanting to discuss without giving full info. I.e. What type of diabetes? For how long? Any medication? Other conditions? If you fill this in on your member profile it would help.

There is also some useful, recommended info for new members here.. http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.26870/

Edit: your current fasting readings are impressive, so I look forward to you sharing your method.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1561358700927.jpg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.5 for me today

it's a bit grey but not wet here, I think perhaps a bit of yarn stash sorting is in order today, the next section in the 'Forth Rail Bridge' challenge of the cupboards :hilarious:

Hope your day treats you kindly :)