What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.4 this am bit disappointing because never went above mid 8,s during the day ( testing more often to get a better handle on my levels ..hang the expense lol ) Reading before bed 8.7 so defo must be sleep walking to the fridge .

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is quite common for morning levels to be elevated compared to glucose counts for the rest of the day. Basically our liver releases glucose into our bloodstream in anticipation of our energy needs for the day. It's called the dawn phenomenon and it is perfectly natural.
9.4 this am bit disappointing because never went above mid 8,s during the day ( testing more often to get a better handle on my levels ..hang the expense lol ) Reading before bed 8.7 so defo must be sleep walking to the fridge .

Reactions: HarryBeau

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
New tub of strips yesterday, fasting 7.5. :banghead: Went for work out at gym and fasted until mid afternoon. Dropped to 5.7. :)

Beat dawn today and tested early 6.7. Not as low as I’d like, but progress, so good enough.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just received my blood analysis results.

A mixed bag of results with some very good some not so good:

Starting with the good: My A1C score fell from 9.6% (81.4 mmol/mol) on 22/5/2019 to 5,7% (38.8 mmol/mol)today From absolute disaster to non-diabetic range in just over a month. ( I specifically asked and paid for the a1c test as I wanted to remove that 9.6% from my signature in the forum as soon as possible)

My cholesterol levels have also improved
1. Total cholesterol down from 6.5 to 4
2. HDL cholesterol marginally improved from 0.85 to 0.9
3. LDL cholesterol down from 4,9 to 2

My triglycerides have worsened from 1.7 to 2.4

Overall my resulting risk factor fell from 7.6 (very high risk) to 4.35 (low risk)

My PSA scores were also improved moving me to a much lower category for prostate cancer risk. Visiting a urologist was something I was not very keen to do and I can now put this off for a bit longer.

What has actually worsened is my anaemia. Both my heamoglobin count and iron level are slightly worse than last time (probably accounting for the fatigue I am feeling) despite being on iron tablets for the last couple of weeks.

Vitamin D levels have improved though still below normal do i need to keep taking the supplement.

What have improved slightly but are still far to high and my main cause for concern are my ESR and CRP scores. These are indicators of inflamation somewhere in the body but do not give indication where exactly and need to be investigated further.