What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 this morning all I can put it down to is the stress of the last few days having to go to QMC on Wednesday losing my best mate to cancer and being unwell with abdominal pains sickness and diarrhea for a couple of days and having to miss all my meds for a day when feeling to sick to take them then there's the heat so even though only having 17 gms of carb and 500 calories yesterday ended up with 12.1 at bed time and this mornings highish for me FBG.
So sorry that you lost your best mate to cancer. All the other stuff going on at the same time makes it even more difficult to deal with.

The 12.1 at bed time was quite high but your BS lowered significantly overnight even though you were ill and couldn't take your meds. Hope you feel a lot better very soon.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.3 this morning all I can put it down to is the stress of the last few days having to go to QMC on Wednesday losing my best mate to cancer and being unwell with abdominal pains sickness and diarrhea for a couple of days and having to miss all my meds for a day when feeling to sick to take them then there's the heat so even though only having 17 gms of carb and 500 calories yesterday ended up with 12.1 at bed time and this mornings highish for me FBG.
Hope you feel better soon john big hugs xx

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
we got to the furthest point mr gee was offered a bit of homemade carrot cake and a cup of Pimms by one of the support people since they were just packing everything up :hilarious: and very good cake it was too he says. I had coffee.
well done for only having the coffee.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@JohnEGreen, hope you are feeling better as the day goes on. I aspire to return to fasting blood glucose as good as yours.

This morning I had 7.0, following a restless night. Too hot and uncomfortable to start, then too tired to get up early enough to fool DP.

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning.......not had a chance till now to post it!! Hope everyone has had a good weekend, thank heavens it is a little cooler today.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 for me. Was expecting this as I was late back for supper yesterday so only had a chunk of cheese at around 8:45pm which is too late for me. Needed something to eat as had limited food all day and was feeling hungry, should have gone for bouillon cube and butter. On a positive note, when I weighed myself this morning I had lost a couple of pounds. That's more weight lost than in the whole of the previous month.