What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning.

This morning in 1924 the first crossword puzzle was published in a British news paper the Daily Express it had 34 clues the first of which was a three letter slang word for coin the answer was bob I would never of got that.
You would have if you were around in 1924;)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Second day of testing a new glucose meter, using old and new in parallel at present, proving interesting!

Reactions: karen8967

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This morning in 1924 the first crossword puzzle was published in a British news paper the Daily Express it had 34 clues the first of which was a three letter slang word for coin the answer was bob I would never of got that.

The boy scouts coined the term 'bob a job week' and I remember doing that way into the '60s, got paid a shilling (bob) to cut the grass or clean the car :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been away in remote rural retreat. Fresh air, some walking. Lots of sleep, the deep refreshing sort of sleep. Cough and sore throat are almost gone.

Fasting levels have all been low 6s. :) For a week.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Today 4.9

On this day in 1941 Roy Plomley woke up with an idea for a new radio program approached the BBC with the idea and the first of the Desert Island Discs programs was broadcast a few months later.

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 for me this morning. Not sure where this came from, maybe DP. although felt a little "off" when I woke up this morning. Days average was 5.0 yesterday. Still testing using both meters. Results showed 1 test 5.1, 3 others 6.0/6.1. It really confuses me that the same drop of blood can show such variance when it hits the test sticks. Have a good Sunday everyone.:)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
6.1 for me this morning. Not sure where this came from, maybe DP. although felt a little "off" when I woke up this morning. Days average was 5.0 yesterday. Still testing using both meters. Results showed 1 test 5.1, 3 others 6.0/6.1. It really confuses me that the same drop of blood can show such variance when it hits the test sticks. Have a good Sunday everyone.:)
Different meters have different error levels and tolerances then there are slight differences in test strips and the blood drop itself though tiny can be different within the droplet and the small amount of time between tests will alter the blood as well.

It's a dynamic process which will never give exactly the same result two times in a row.