What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

The_Limes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, my blood sugars are always high - around 9 or 10 first thing. Does this mean my previous meal has caused this? As it's not always that high when I go to bed. Or could it be dawn phenomenon? In which case how can I get it down? Many thanks

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.4 today.

@The_Limes if dawn dawn phenomenon is a factor there is little you can do as it is inbuilt and part of the bodies natural processes.

I tend to suspect though that diet is the key and that if you pay attention to what you are eating it will improve in time fbgs are notorious for being the last of the daily measurements to come down.

Reactions: karen8967

Schmoukes

Bit surprised to see a 4.2 this morning. I have been high 5s and 6s since New Year. I started gym sessions this week - entirely new to me - and it’s since then that the numbers are going down - a lot! No change in my diet. Do other folks get that impact from weights exercising?

Reactions: Ryhia and karen8967

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit surprised to see a 4.2 this morning. I have been high 5s and 6s since New Year. I started gym sessions this week - entirely new to me - and it’s since then that the numbers are going down - a lot! No change in my diet. Do other folks get that impact from weights exercising?
Don't do weights or much exercise at all so I will just say well done on the bloods.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning after a late supper. Starting to get stressed as may (or may not as DN left practice) be called in for a blood test this month. I was given 6 months to get my cholesterol down - probably gone up further. Should really get a private test done and then I would at least know the damage. Forewarned is forearmed as the saying goes.