What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

surdoux

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Idiots
First post on this thread, only started Fast 800 diet, and taking sugar levels on Monday, morning levels have been 7.4, 8.4, 7.6 and today 6.9.

Reactions: karen8967

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First post on this thread, only started Fast 800 diet, and taking sugar levels on Monday, morning levels have been 7.4, 8.4, 7.6 and today 6.9.
Well done! How are you coping with the Fast 800, @surdoux ?

surdoux

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Idiots
To be quite honest, I thought it would be a nightmare to do. My wife is an excellent cook (hence a lot of the weight gain, apart from me being a pig), but although it is only day four, it has not been bad at all. I've got the books, the menus and charts and we sit down and decide on menus for the next day, which is a bit of extra bonding between us. The weight is slowly coming down already, drinking loads of water (and peeing a LOT), feel fine, not really hungry and not tempted to snack.

Sgathach

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
First time posting here, my number today at 8am was 7.1
I woke up during the night (3am) and it was 6.3, so I believe this may be this Dawn phenomenon.
I'm usually a bit lower but this week I don't get to exercise as much and especially yesterday I barely did 1000 steps, so that could also have an effect.

This is only week 2 for me, so still getting used to it and wondering if I should adjust my basal insulin for lazy days or if that won't make a big difference in the evening - so much to learn

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
woke up during the night (3am) and it was 6.3, so I believe this may be this Dawn phenomenon.
I'm usually a bit lower but this week I don't get to exercise as much and especially yesterday I barely did 1000 steps, so that could also have an effect.

Welcome to the thread, certainly looks like DP and I know when I don't go walking I will run higher.

As you're new and seem to like cats I thought I'd mention our other thread where you can -
  • chat to your heart's content about anything, especially cats
  • ask for great advice from folks that have been around a while
  • and post your numbers
They are chatterboxes so you may need ear defenders :)

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...ose-full-on-chat.163627/page-994#post-2223901