What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
“but he’s a liar, and I’m not sure about you!”
;)
^^^^^^^
Meant in the nicest possible way, of course!
What I have been meaning to ask that I am not sure about, is what do you all find an acceptable fasting level for yourselves?
Some feel unhappy at anything above 5.0? Others seem to want to be under 5.0?
I am just happy if I have fasting in low 6s or less, with no more than 6s, but prefere 5s rest of the time.
Assuming no hypo and resting HR sub 60 I would always want very low 4s. Anywhere in 5s seems like I have wasted my time. I can function well in high 3s. What any of that has to do with wellbeing and general flourishing I have no idea.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 which is around average for mornings but inevitably anything from 12 to 20 evenings
Hello @ChristopherB and welcome.

How are you managing your diabetes? Can you tell us a bit about what type of diabetes you have, and what you eat to make those evening numbers?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning 5.6 yesterday but forgot to post.
@Pipp re your question about fbg I don’t mind a 6 if I can see the reason for it ( if I’ve enjoyed a late night snack for instance) otherwise I’m happier if it’s lower: Low 5s are good and a 4 even better. Never thought I’d be writing that come to think of it - it took a long while to get anywhere near the 5s club

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.8 this morning 5.6 yesterday but forgot to post.
@Pipp re your question about fbg I don’t mind a 6 if I can see the reason for it ( if I’ve enjoyed a late night snack for instance) otherwise I’m happier if it’s lower: Low 5s are good and a 4 even better. Never thought I’d be writing that come to think of it - it took a long while to get anywhere near the 5s club
Thanks, @DJC3 , and all the others who responded. I just wondered, as some seem disappointed with numbers I would be delighted to have. I feel light headed with numbers lower than 5. So generally ok with fasting low 6s then 5s rest of the day, with no spikes.
Today was a happy 6.2

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, @DJC3 , and all the others who responded. I just wondered, as some seem disappointed with numbers I would be delighted to have. I feel light headed with numbers lower than 5. So generally ok with fasting low 6s then 5s rest of the day, with no spikes.
Today was a happy 6.2

Agree the no spikes is key ( not always achieved though)