What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well, hubby has discovered the kitchen since lockdown. He is loving cooking. Yesterday was cottage pie. I asked for him to not put mash on my quarter but he said he couldn't ruin a masterpiece. So i tried to work around it. Not very successfully! Cheesy mash. I didn’t eat it all!!! It was a very big portion!
Could you have done a half and half type arrangement potato mash on his half cauliflower mash on your half or is that what you tried.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Could you have done a half and half type arrangement potato mash on his half cauliflower mash on your half or is that what you tried.
But wouldn’t that mean some of the carbs from the spuds would mix in with the contents? A bit like hoping if you swim in the deep end of the pool you will avoid the water in the shallow end where someone did a pee?
Sorry, mods. I think I am veering towards derailing.

@Debandez , do you not have two single portion size dishes? One for your low carb mash, one for his spuds.

Reactions: Perminder1

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
But wouldn’t that mean some of the carbs from the spuds would mix in with the contents? A bit like hoping if you swim in the deep end of the pool you will avoid the water in the shallow end where someone did a pee?

@Debandez , do you not have two single portion size dishes? One for your low carb mash, one for his spuds.
It may I suppose so use two oven dishes splitting the filling between them and each having it's own topping or use a divider of some sort any way I will desist from derailing the thread as am on a warning sort of. :)

Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I could and will next time. I just thought I could scrape off. I suppose we are all only human at the end if the day :)

I gave you an Agree, and here's a hug from a fellow human.
t4602.gif

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Yes I've got a plan of action in mind ;-) the cottage pie was fab but next time it will be celeriac topping. My son's girlfriend has moved in so hubby decided to do potatoes moreso for her.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It may I suppose so use two oven dishes splitting the filling between them and each having it's own topping or use a divider of some sort any way I will desist from derailing the thread as am on a warning sort of. :)
Thank you. Good suggestion.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 on Libre @ 5.44 - bit of a flat track bully. It is Libre, summer, I'm gloriously isolated and lots of salad + avocado are available. I'm posting this Wednesday morning - posts appearing at odd times lately.

Last edited: