What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7 mmol/L today

But think its because I'm still dealing with gum pain luckily got in to see a dentist yesterday not who normally see but at same clinic. X-ray shows no abscess or infection thank goodness! But he believes maybe the crown and the bite but concerned as it's been 6 months since had it fitted. So he reshaped crown and now it's wait and see over the week. Hopefully settles down otherwise might be rootcanal therapy and new crown refitted been told to eat only soft foods

I told the dentist how I've been rinsing my mouth with a very old opened bottle of whisky honestly don't know how old it is but makes a good mouth rinse my dentist laughed and said I can continue this treatment View attachment 46948
Please tell me you don’t waste the ‘mouthwash’ by spitting it out? Just swallow it .

5.1 for me today. I am optimistic that the lurgy has left me.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 this morning.

I am 36 hours into fasting but am not feeling all that hungry so have decided to stretch it until later. If I do feel hungry I will eat but if I take it all the way till tomorrow then perhaps I will just make it a 3 day fast and eat day after tomorrow. I do like creating these minor suspense episodes for myself. :D

Have a lovely day everyone.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7 mmol/L today

But think its because I'm still dealing with gum pain luckily got in to see a dentist yesterday not who normally see but at same clinic. X-ray shows no abscess or infection thank goodness! But he believes maybe the crown and the bite but concerned as it's been 6 months since had it fitted. So he reshaped crown and now it's wait and see over the week. Hopefully settles down otherwise might be rootcanal therapy and new crown refitted been told to eat only soft foods

I told the dentist how I've been rinsing my mouth with a very old opened bottle of whisky honestly don't know how old it is but makes a good mouth rinse my dentist laughed and said I can continue this treatment View attachment 46948

I'll have to try that as my mouth feels like a cat slept in it....

Reactions: Ymdawd

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Please tell me you don’t waste the ‘mouthwash’ by spitting it out? Just swallow it .

5.1 for me today. I am optimistic that the lurgy has left me.
I'm afraid I do its only a small amount of whiskey that Ive been using to rinse with though

Reactions: Ymdawd

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
6.1 about an hour after I’d got up and taken the dog out.
@PenguinMum the CGM trace is fascinating isn’t it? Hugs for the bad night and this mornings fbg though.
@annabell1 I love the idea of your whisky mouthwash
Yeah it works too!. This bottle of whisky is pretty old and been opened goodness knows for how long as I stopped drinking whisky years ago. And it works just as good as any mouthwash as well haha

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
is it normal for blood sugar to go up overnight whilst you're sleeping?
Great to see yah here! Anyway, define “normal”? ;) And yes, I have exactly, exactly, your experience. Please search around here for Dawn Phenomenon or DP.