What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

deeparajan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@JohnEGreen : Thank you. How do you keep yours so low! I am wondering if I have to keep off carbs in the night. I seem to register lower numbers if I don't consume carbs. But surely, not having carbs is not good, right? So confused! Lol

Reactions: Paul3613

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT WHAT I WANT, Outdoor gardening, Bad weather, Floods, Bush fires, Below zero temperatures, Not being able to walk my dog (she is to old),
5.7. Whoohoo!
It's a good feeling getting a low reading after a string of high ones, good on ya, keep it up.
@JohnEGreen : Thank you. How do you keep yours so low! I am wondering if I have to keep off carbs in the night. I seem to register lower numbers if I don't consume carbs. But surely, not having carbs is not good, right? So confused! Lol

I find that if I eat anything after around 9.30pm I have get up to use the loo at least once and if I eat anything other than a gluten & sugar free snack my morning readings are higher. Try peanuts as a snack at night I had some a couple of days ago and they didn't alter my levels at all, good luck. Paul.

Reactions: Prem51

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT WHAT I WANT, Outdoor gardening, Bad weather, Floods, Bush fires, Below zero temperatures, Not being able to walk my dog (she is to old),
5.4 this morning, I haven't post my levels for the last couple of days, I've been down the coast away from computers, just daily walks along the river and the beach.

nulls

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
9.4 !!!

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
6.6 Up a bit probably eating a normal yogurt last night not a (no added sugar) like I normally have, but it was sooo nice.