What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just got the reading from the lab. 90 mg/dl == 5 mmol/l and HbA1c id 30 mmol/mol == 4,9%.

At least these are good news!
Seems the meter reads a bit lower (10%) than the lab tests

I think that metformin+statins+regular walking+diet are working, even with the week in France where I ate a lot of cheese, andouillettes, quenelles de brochet, **** with wine,...

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT WHAT I WANT, Outdoor gardening, Bad weather, Floods, Bush fires, Below zero temperatures, Not being able to walk my dog (she is to old),
My reading first thing was 5.7 with my normal meter. It's been between 5.7 & 6.1 for the last few days, despite even greater efforts to eliminate sugars & carbs. Previously I used to test just once a week (as that's all my prescription allows) & it varied from high 4's to mid 5's. Can't work out why it's suddenly a little higher. I also tested with a new meter this morning & it read 5.1. Now I'm becoming even more confused. (The old meter is still OK - as I also did a 'control solution' test).

Have you checked the expiry date of your test? Strips that are out of date can give an inaccurate reading. I also only test once a day, as soon as I get up, and they vary from a low of 5.3 to as high as 7.2. According to my doctor, a seven day average of 6.0 is a good reading for me. Have a great day, all the best from down under. Paul..

Reactions: Liam1955 and Prem51

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT WHAT I WANT, Outdoor gardening, Bad weather, Floods, Bush fires, Below zero temperatures, Not being able to walk my dog (she is to old),
5.7 this morning. I got a new dog yesterday, a rescue dog, she is a Staffy X about 18mths old. I might start taking 2 walks a day, she is full of energy & will keep me on my toes. Have a great day. Paul..

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
4.9 , was expecting worse after a CT scan yesterday , the fluid I had to drink before the scan really upset my stomach. Think dumb and dumber turbolax scene.

D

debrasue

8.1 this morning. Disappointed. Changed my meter about a week ago from Accu-Check Aviva to SD Codefree and the readings are coming out generally higher all round. Also have friends staying which is making control more difficult.
I always get higher readings on CodeFree, too.

Reactions: Freema