What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT WHAT I WANT, Outdoor gardening, Bad weather, Floods, Bush fires, Below zero temperatures, Not being able to walk my dog (she is to old),
6.3 my dog got me up at 6am, half an hour earlier than yesterday & I got up at 9am which is half an hour later than I normally do. I might start testing when I let the dog out?

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5 weeks ago my morning BS was 18.4 on the day I was diagnosed. I remember looking at this thread and thinking " no way" those numbers are not real! Yesterday I tried to do my diet " back to front" - i.e. I started with adding fat to my day's proposed food, and only having got to my 1000 calorie limit did I add in anything else, t All went swimmingly until the evening when I succumbed to two extra glasses of wine and 2 whiskeys.

My reward ? this morning 5.9 !!!! That is astonishing. Thank you all for showing me what is possible.

Reactions: Prem51

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
5 weeks ago my morning BS was 18.4 on the day I was diagnosed. I remember looking at this thread and thinking " no way" those numbers are not real! Yesterday I tried to do my diet " back to front" - i.e. I started with adding fat to my day's proposed food, and only having got to my 1000 calorie limit did I add in anything else, t All went swimmingly until the evening when I succumbed to two extra glasses of wine and 2 whiskeys.

My reward ? this morning 5.9 !!!! That is astonishing. Thank you all for showing me what is possible.

Marvellous

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I woke up at 5:40 down at 3.1 according to the freestyle libre. Took two glucose tablets and am now 5.3 at 6:20. Scary!

is 3.1 dangerously low ? after all the lowest time of the day from 1:00 o´clock untill 3:30 o´clock ?

well but if you use insuline then maybe it is dangerous...

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Tezz.

I was 18.4 38 days ago - and 5.9 this morning - this approach really does seem to work !

Reactions: Prem51