What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oops!

I was 21.5 this morning.
No breakfast today even though I was hungry, so I just went for a 3 mile walk. Eventually got it to 9 and collapsed in the arm chair and fell asleep.

wow well done...... !

Reactions: Liam1955
A

asparagusp

Isn't it frustrating for us diabetics to that we can very seldom achieve a happy medium no matter how much we try. It is either too high or too low.

Agreed Keesha. You never know what you reading too is going to be. You can eat the same thing at breakfast on two consecutive days and two completely different readings.

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT WHAT I WANT, Outdoor gardening, Bad weather, Floods, Bush fires, Below zero temperatures, Not being able to walk my dog (she is to old),
Yes I have wondered what to do if breakfast levels are high. I understand it's vital to eat breakfast!
Here in Australia the company "Uncle Tobys" make a "No Added Sugar" "VitaBrits" & "Shredded Wheat" breakfast cereals, they have helped me bring my readings down to manageable levels.

Reactions: Freema and Prem51

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT WHAT I WANT, Outdoor gardening, Bad weather, Floods, Bush fires, Below zero temperatures, Not being able to walk my dog (she is to old),
6.4 at 6am this morning 6.7 at 8.30am when I got up and stayed up.

4ratbags

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@asparagusp an omelette is always a good start to the day. Also fasting levels are usually the last to come down.
Personally I would stay away from cereals especially those that state 'sugar free' ect as they usually have a lot of carbs.

D

debrasue

5.8 today
(But after the shock of the 11.1 at +2hrs pp following the trial of a Chinese takeaway with the family last night, reducing to 7.3 at +3hrs pp, I consider myself lucky this morning! That's a trial I won't be repeating any time soon...)

D

debrasue

Oops!

I was 21.5 this morning.
No breakfast today even though I was hungry, so I just went for a 3 mile walk. Eventually got it to 9 and collapsed in the arm chair and fell asleep.
Wow! 21.5 seems a bit more than an "Oops!" to me - do you get numbers like that very often?
I'm not convinced that going without breakfast is a great idea, but whatever works for you, I guess...
What would happen if you had a couple of scrambled eggs and a glass of water and then took the walk?
Hugs x

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You may find that reading coming down if you take it a little later, say around 6 or 7 am. Just a thought...

usually the blood glucose is at its lowest between 1 AM and 3 AM så probably untill noon or untill one eats it will raise from the middle of the night and til then... (but not the highest of the 24 hours, after meals are mostly higher than dawn fenomenon)

Last edited: