What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT WHAT I WANT, Outdoor gardening, Bad weather, Floods, Bush fires, Below zero temperatures, Not being able to walk my dog (she is to old),
I just found this thread.
I was 17 this morning.
Welcome to the forum, hope it helps you, it has helped me seeing what other members levels are, and what they are doing to get their readings. All the best, Paul.

Reactions: Freema and Prem51

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT WHAT I WANT, Outdoor gardening, Bad weather, Floods, Bush fires, Below zero temperatures, Not being able to walk my dog (she is to old),
6.0 this morning.
Got up at 6am to let my dog out & did a test it was 6.0 I went back to bed & got up at 9am and did another test just to see if there would be any difference, it was 6.7 that little bit of walking around made it higher. I will do the same for the next 7 days and post the results everyday. Paul..

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
1/10 - Morning.

8.4 - (Had a bad night with pain) - :bigtears:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
4.7 this morning

I have never been sub 10 for this length of time

Used to think that 20+ was my norm and felt crabby all the time

Thanks to tweaks in insulin and munching less carbs and attending DAFNE I feel more in control and much much better

Have a good day folks

Tezzz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oops!

I was 21.5 this morning.
No breakfast today even though I was hungry, so I just went for a 3 mile walk. Eventually got it to 9 and collapsed in the arm chair and fell asleep.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
is 3.1 dangerously low ? after all the lowest time of the day from 1:00 o´clock untill 3:30 o´clock ?

well but if you use insuline then maybe it is dangerous...

Isn't it frustrating for us diabetics to that we can very seldom achieve a happy medium no matter how much we try. It is either too high or too low.