What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
resident BlokeShape .
Hope it goes well for him. I would see that phrase grounds for divorce if JKP even imagined using it. Is girlie acceptable for you? My Candid Camera day today so Swipey may be unboxed tonight. @DEBBIESCOTT PT at 8 pm - stunning work ethic. Go Team D, you got this.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
6.0 for me today MySugr app estimated HbA1c has over the past few weeks gone from 34 to 43 not looking good.

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope it goes well for him. I would see that phrase grounds for divorce if JKP even imagined using it. Is girlie acceptable for you? My Candid Camera day today so Swipey may be unboxed tonight. @DEBBIESCOTT PT at 8 pm - stunning work ethic. Go Team D, you got this.

I tend to use 'Menfolk' and 'BlokeShape' interchangeably and haven't had any push back so far.

I am on the receiving end of 'Girlie' at times as well, which is fine if the intent behind it is benign, which it is with the BlokeShape. Other people would be quite likely to be on the business end of a Paddington Stare if they tried it. It's all in the context! :):)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I tend to use 'Menfolk' and 'BlokeShape' interchangeably and haven't had any push back so far.

I am on the receiving end of 'Girlie' at times as well, which is fine if the intent behind it is benign, which it is with the BlokeShape. Other people would be quite likely to be on the business end of a Paddington Stare if they tried it. It's all in the context! :):)
Fair enough. Being born in Cambridge I'm clearly a woke liberal snowflake. I've simply never heard anyone use the phrase and thank God heartily for that.

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fair enough. Being born in Cambridge I'm clearly a woke liberal snowflake. I've simply never heard anyone use the phrase and thank God heartily for that.

I'm not convinced I've heard anyone else use it, clearly my own special usage. I have a group of female friends and we tend to refer to ourselves as 'girls' (I'm 2nd youngest, girls we really are not!), which is fine, but would not be if anyone else used it at us.

Context is all! (Also a liberal snowflake type, and proud of it :cool: )

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good Afternoon late today busy all morning
On awakening 6.20am BG was7.5 followed by coffee and a Gliclizide
BG Before breakfast 7.4
2hours after breakfast BG was 5.4
Taking Gliclizide 1 hour before breakfast seems to be working better.K

Reactions: karen8967

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.8 - Yes, back in the 6s. Late to the Party Today with the lowest since Chrimble. And, a 6.0 this evening.

Reactions: karen8967