What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Echob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Normally pretty high between 13-20, I was just surprised that gp thought my first reading of day was ok and since they've upped my metformin I'm having tummy issues (ibs sufferer)
Echo

Reactions: Liam1955 and Prem51

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT WHAT I WANT, Outdoor gardening, Bad weather, Floods, Bush fires, Below zero temperatures, Not being able to walk my dog (she is to old),
I'm new only diagnosed two days ago and so far the lowest I have had it is 13.4
Welcome to the forum, it took me about 10 days to get mine down to under 7.0 from a high 19.4 so hang in there.

Reactions: Prem51

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT WHAT I WANT, Outdoor gardening, Bad weather, Floods, Bush fires, Below zero temperatures, Not being able to walk my dog (she is to old),
6.3 this morning. Is anyone having trouble with bruising at the test sites on the tips of your fingers?

A

asparagusp

Goodness, another hypo, 3.5 for the second consecutive day and that's after dropping the evening Gliclazide a few days ago. Guess I now have to decrease the Lantus by two units to 6 units.

Oh how I am enjoying breakfast!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.5 had a very carby day yesterday beef stew and dumplings biscuits the lot took till 11 PM for BG to come down below 6 and I put a pound in weight on :arghh:

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
[QUOTE="4ratbags, post: 1270621, member: 102832" Where abouts on the tips of.your fingers are you testing @Paul3613.[/QUOTE]
I've tried the sides & the tops I find the little fingers tend to bruise the most. Has anyone tried any different sites?