What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hot 108 Mg/dl this morning, i think that <100 would be better, is there any tips to get normal glucose in mornin?
Hi TupacShakari, Welcome to the thread.

Having an FBG of 108 Mg/dl (or around 6mmol in the UK,) would be a delight for some people but I understand where you are coming from. If your numbers are lower during the day than on a morning, then you are most likely experiencing Dawn Phenomenon, DP happens to most of us and can have a mind of its own. Most people even non diabetics see DP impacting on morning blood glucose levels. Its your liver trying to be helpful and dumping glucose into your system to set you up for the day. You probably need to try to deplete the amount of glucose in your body which is easier said than done and usually takes time. People try to do this in different ways. There are those that are very strict with what they eat. Too many carbs turn to glucose so keeping carbs down generally helps. Some people do not eat after a certain time. Some would recommend going for a short walk after their meals. There are probably other options and ideas. In my case I have my evening meal around 17:15 and only have a cup of tea after that. We are all different but if you would like further help and advice, can I suggest that you actually post this question in its own thread, we are a bit limited in how we can respond to you, as this thread is really just for posting FBG numbers and maybe a short comment related to that. If you do decide to post your question it would be useful to complete your profile letting people know what type of diabetes you have? Also useful would be to let people know some information about yourself, the length of time you have been diagnosed? What your HbA1c was at diagnosis? What your average glucose levels are during the day? In fact anything that might be helpful to help people respond.

Good luck.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been a bit out of it these last few days.
Despite not eating much I stll have had high 6s.
Today was 6.9. Can’t remember yesterday.
Will make sure I record tomorrow.

Shahnaz2357

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all.
4.6 FBG today which is as usual though my numbers shoot up after meals on some days;) I am taking 500mg x3 Glucophage.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
8.2 - Went to bed on 8.2, I definitely have Diabetes.

Overwhelmed

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, rudeness
5.8 this morning with bed numbers 5.6 happy with them members. I guessing the bit of cycling and a 4km run (intermittently) yesterday helped with these numbers . Enjoy you day folks

Reactions: RoughcutAU