What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Meryt4973

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Please remember gliclazide can cause low blood sugar. I take it you have means of checking your blood glucose levels.? If you can persuade your surgery to give you a freestyle libre 2 it makes things even safer as they will set off an alarm if you go low while asleep.
Yes, I have means of checking my blood sugar. I have a GlucoRx HCT monitor.
The gliclazide doesn't seem to be lowering my sugars enough, I'm taking 2 x 40mg in the morning (along with 1000mg metformin) and the same in the evening. I've seriously cut down on my carbs (I've cut out all cakes, pastry, pasta and switched up the small amounts of white bread I eat for wholemeal) and yet it's still ranging from 10 to 15! Going back to see the diabetic nurse this coming Wednesday so we shall see! My lowest fasting result was 6.6 and I'd not eaten for almost 24 hours as was feeling ill.

Mini Dachs Mum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, I have means of checking my blood sugar. I have a GlucoRx HCT monitor.
The gliclazide doesn't seem to be lowering my sugars enough, I'm taking 2 x 40mg in the morning (along with 1000mg metformin) and the same in the evening. I've seriously cut down on my carbs (I've cut out all cakes, pastry, pasta and switched up the small amounts of white bread I eat for wholemeal) and yet it's still ranging from 10 to 15! Going back to see the diabetic nurse this coming Wednesday so we shall see! My lowest fasting result was 6.6 and I'd not eaten for almost 24 hours as was feeling ill.
Whole meal bread will raise your blood glucose just as much as white bread. You need to look for for low carb / keto breads. Good wishes on your journey. I know I struggled til I went keto.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 4.9 here and so far nothing remotely off Piste to celebrate Easter. Family meal today - minus the 5 from Winchester - still 9 or 11 here. Turkey cooking as 4 grandchildren like Turkey, pigs in blankets, roasties etc - why are the stags in blankets (venison) JKP lovingly bought for me so high carb? Indoor Easter egg hunt with 4 children, 93 y.o MIL and 2 boisterous Labradors is bat pooh crazy. Tomorrow will be even madder. Enjoy your day.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So I haven't posted for a few days as I was not sure what was going on, I only know that FBGs were in the high 6s and the rest of the day was not much better. Been around a week now of high bloods, even saw an 8.4 post prandial at one point. I don't generally see levels like that. I initially thought it was the cold I had picked up, but my bloods do not usually go so high with a cold. I was starting to get a bit anxious not knowing the cause, anyway the relief is, yesterday my bloods started to drop. (FBG 5.8) and this morning bloods were 5.5. long may it continue. Is it a coincidence, I wonder? That the high bloods episode corresponds with the visit of my son, DIL and 2 young very boisterous grandchildren who have been staying with us for the week. House is now very quiet and peaceful but they are a miss.