What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Bcgirl

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this rainy morning. Numbers have been very good all day long and I’m thrilled. Still get rising sugars upon waking…all night thy are in the 4’s or low 5’s. This is completely different from eight weeks ago when they were high 5’s and sixes…
staying strict dairy free carnivore until the first week in July and I may add a bit of cheese…we’ll see, I’m so happy with my blood sugar control right now and I don’t miss anything.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
11.4 first thing then went on a 3 mile walk ( no food ) and it was 11.8 on return . :rolleyes:
A modest rise is normal first thing @mojo37 once we start to exercise. This happens even when we've had nothing to eat.

Given time and a consistent LCHF lifestyle, your daily FBG readings should gradually come down, so the morning rise begins from a lower starting point and is less noticeable.

Meanwhile, IME, you can stop that rise with a modest snack; a teaspoon or two of sunflower or pumpkin seeds or four to five almonds or hazelnuts should do the trick, without affecting your appetite at breakfast.

Ambermouse

Type of diabetes
Type 1
this seems quite interesting, maybe you'll get more replies tomorrow morning :)

Just checked and mine was 5.4mmol at 9.30am

Mine usually varies from 5.0-7.5mmol, i like to be around 5-6mmol where possible so i was happy with that this morning :)
Mines usually between 6 and 8 so depending what it is if normal I have weetabix 3 types of nuts and were banana with apple cider vinegar in small orange juice. If high I have small portion of krispies and acv with orange juice.