What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!

Hi Cumberland your doing like me ok but still in I'm in the 6bg tried different things in the evening nothing working at moment.
But I'm breaking my fasting to get BG lower, it's one or the other just keep going with head down K

Hpetal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold weather!
:banghead::(:arghh: 10.3 @ 6.30am :bigtears: So so fed up... great bg all day yesterday 6/7's, what is a girl to do????
8.55am update walked the dog 1 mile, bg now 11.8 grrrr. Breakfast... bacon and fresh tomatoes which usually is good for me. so will see how things are in acouple of hours

Last edited:

DaftThoughts

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone! 5.7 at 9am. :)
:banghead::(:arghh: 10.3 @ 6.30am :bigtears: So so fed up... great bg all day yesterday 6/7's, what is a girl to do????
Relax and remember that bg values are information, not judgment. ;) Find out what happened. Either you can prevent it in the future or it's part of the crazy nonsense diabetes throws at us and all we can do is shrug at it. You're not less awesome because of a higher reading!

Hpetal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold weather!
Morning everyone! 5.7 at 9am. :)

Relax and remember that bg values are information, not judgment. ;) Find out what happened. Either you can prevent it in the future or it's part of the crazy nonsense diabetes throws at us and all we can do is shrug at it. You're not less awesome because of a higher reading!
Thank you xx just p***ed off with the morning bg's being high.

JRTwalker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So here's my dilemma - I seem to be consistently high around 7.0 and 8.0 in the mornings having not eaten for past 10-12 hours. I tested my urine in the morning to see if Ketones are abnormal but tests seem to suggest Normal.
Is there anything I could be doing wrong or could do to resolve this situation? Medication is one 500mg Metformin and one 10mg Atorvistatin. Low Carbs and Low Cal - 20g / 800cal for a typical day

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hi Cumberland your doing like me ok but still in I'm in the 6bg tried different things in the evening nothing working at moment.
But I'm breaking my fasting to get BG lower, it's one or the other just keep going with head down K

You are doing ok @Granny_grump

What a lot of people don't know is that according to the law diabetics who take insulin and drive a car should be five to drive (5.0)

If you are involved in an accident any result taken under 5.0 could land you on trouble with the police

I learned of this on the DAFNE course I attended last year

Reactions: Granny_grump_

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You are doing ok @Granny_grump

What a lot of people don't know is that according to the law diabetics who take insulin and drive a car should be five to drive (5.0)

If you are involved in an accident any result taken under 5.0 could land you on trouble with the police

I learned of this on the DAFNE course I attended last year

Yes, this is why I get disappointed if I'm in the 4s first thing as I'm usually in the car most mornings shortly after breakfast and I try to avoid carbs for breakfast if I can (else I find myself wanting to snack later in the morning!). I try to stay in the 5-8 range on advice from my DSN for this reason.