What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Hpetal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold weather!
Hi JRTwalker I'm exactly same so are many on this forum, I've decided to take the advice on here and before bedtime eat some fats and protein like cheese nuts ham chicken etc. you only need a small snack of any of these,but it's trial and error what works for you,so try different foods to workout what suits you. And Good luck. K
Tried the before bed snack... cheese,and it's made no difference to me so will have to try different food. wonder if i could have some pork scratchings? indigestion is also an issue for me so it is trial and error.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hi Cumberland I'm fine thanks still not sleeping well another 4 hours last night but cat nap before evening meal.
Went on iPad checked out liver dump lots of theories but they all said what's on the forum here we are all individuals and you have to try out what works for you.
Somebody suggested slice ham and cheese,so no ham in fridge Sod's law eh! but chicken pieces in lemon and Philadelphia cream cheese,just a small amount 2/3 chicken pieces small and around 1 dessert spoon cream cheese.
BG at 5.10 today 5.8 so just got to keep trying different things,nuts and the fruit and yogurt + dash cream haven't worked so cream cheese slice of cooked meat. Now all I need is a recipe for sleep, lovely talking to you,speak again soon. K

You are on the right track @Granny_grump good lass x

Reactions: Liam1955

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 @5.09 am

Just eaten half an avocado to try and stop rise before breakfast. Pattern seems to be that if I wake up to a level equal to or below my pre-dinner level, post breakfast rise is small or non- existent, but if morning level is even slightly above post dinner level, it means liver dump is already in action. Was 6.2 after dinner last night, so trying to halt the rise!