What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
You are doing ok @Granny_grump

What a lot of people don't know is that according to the law diabetics who take insulin and drive a car should be five to drive (5.0)

If you are involved in an accident any result taken under 5.0 could land you on trouble with the police

I learned of this on the DAFNE course I attended last year

Hi Cumberland I'm fine thanks still not sleeping well another 4 hours last night but cat nap before evening meal.
Went on iPad checked out liver dump lots of theories but they all said what's on the forum here we are all individuals and you have to try out what works for you.
Somebody suggested slice ham and cheese,so no ham in fridge Sod's law eh! but chicken pieces in lemon and Philadelphia cream cheese,just a small amount 2/3 chicken pieces small and around 1 dessert spoon cream cheese.
BG at 5.10 today 5.8 so just got to keep trying different things,nuts and the fruit and yogurt + dash cream haven't worked so cream cheese slice of cooked meat. Now all I need is a recipe for sleep, lovely talking to you,speak again soon. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
So here's my dilemma - I seem to be consistently high around 7.0 and 8.0 in the mornings having not eaten for past 10-12 hours. I tested my urine in the morning to see if Ketones are abnormal but tests seem to suggest Normal.
Is there anything I could be doing wrong or could do to resolve this situation? Medication is one 500mg Metformin and one 10mg Atorvistatin. Low Carbs and Low Cal - 20g / 800cal for a typical day

Hi JRTwalker I'm exactly same so are many on this forum,like you I fast every day from 5 pm to 11/12 pm following day,but it causes a liver dump in early mornings hence high readings.
Is I've decided to take the advice on here and before bedtime eat some fats and protein like cheese nuts ham chicken etc. you only need a small snack of any of these,but it's trial and error what works for you,so try different foods to workout what suits you. And Good luck. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning all this morning @ 5.10am BG = 5.8
Tried small piece lemon chicken from Aldi and dessert spoon of Philadelphia cream cheese at bed time last night. It's worked better for me than other things I've tried. Trial and Error keep testing!K

βɪℒʟẙ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Cumberland I'm fine thanks still not sleeping well another 4 hours last night but cat nap before evening meal.
Went on iPad checked out liver dump lots of theories but they all said what's on the forum here we are all individuals and you have to try out what works for you.
Somebody suggested slice ham and cheese,so no ham in fridge Sod's law eh! but chicken pieces in lemon and Philadelphia cream cheese,just a small amount 2/3 chicken pieces small and around 1 dessert spoon cream cheese.
BG at 5.10 today 5.8 so just got to keep trying different things,nuts and the fruit and yogurt + dash cream haven't worked so cream cheese slice of cooked meat. Now all I need is a recipe for sleep, lovely talking to you,speak again soon. K
@Granny_grump_ heres my recipe for sleep, works every time...

1, go to off license.
2, buy 8 Holsten pils.
3, go home and have a smoke at hand.
4, open ur Holstens and light ur smoke.
5, keep mixing the two untill and beers and smoke have gone.
6, enjoy ur 'good' nights sleep..

...works everytime for me

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
yuhuu one more day of 5.0 today at 10:00

slept like a baby ate 2065 calories yesterday of which 115 gr. carbs and 135 grams of proteins

Hi Freema lucky you, but even with so little sleep I keep going most of the day,it's when I sit down and chill at home.zzzzzzzz. K

JRTwalker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi JRTwalker I'm exactly same so are many on this forum,like you I fast every day from 5 pm to 11/12 pm following day,but it causes a liver dump in early mornings hence high readings.
Is I've decided to take the advice on here and before bedtime eat some fats and protein like cheese nuts ham chicken etc. you only need a small snack of any of these,but it's trial and error what works for you,so try different foods to workout what suits you. And Good luck. K
Thanks Granny_grump - lots for me to think about and to try out.